Hi....
Yesterday, I installed this apps:
- Enhanced kernel for power users.
- Enhanced kernel for power users. (settings).
- QCPUFreq.
- Swappolube.
Today I tried to charge my phone with wall charger and works great!!!!
It works perfectly I tried many times and all is OK when phone is on or off.
I think that Enhanced kernel for power users helps to solve the problem, maybe there was an issue with microusb kernel drivers...
However, in other posts I forget to tell that sometimes (not always) when I tried to turn on the phone, It starts and enless loop showing me the white screen whith nokia nlue letters then the black screen whit five white points....
To solve this I connect the wall charger, then the endless loop stops and the phone swich off by itself.
After that I swich on the phone with the wall charger connected and the phone starts correctly.
I realized also that when I put the battery into the phone, the device vibrates, and try to swich on automatically, then the enless loop starts.
Well, this is a minor issue, I can live with this... However if someone have an andvice please tell me. However wall charger works great!!!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgarciav For This Useful Post:
Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Good to see that at least you got it sorted (even though in a strange way), sjgarciav

The Following User Says Thank You to efekt For This Useful Post:
Bad news....
Today I connected my phone to my pc in order to synchronize my playlists.
After that I tried to charge my phone with wall charger..... the charger was not recognized again!!!!
The problem come back....
So sad....
Actually I don't really know what to do in order to solve this issue (permanently).
Why why why???
I don't understand this strange phone behaivor....
Does anyone knows if Nokia have made an official announcement about this charging problems in n900 devices???

Did you try turning it off and try to charge it, or if that doesn't help - removing the battery for about 1 hour, and then putting it back and turning it on and try to charge?

Originally Posted by efekt View Post
Did you try turning it off and try to charge it, or if that doesn't help - removing the battery for about 1 hour, and then putting it back and turning it on and try to charge?
I tried everything, nothing works....
I also flashed pr1.3 and emmc againg, this time I used GLOBAL bin instead of USA distribution. However I still have the problem.
The question is:
Why my phone start to charge normally with wall charger after I installed power kernel until I connected to a pc????
It seems like when I connected the phone to the pc, immediatly the phone couldn't recognize the wall charger....
Maybe is not a HW issue... If there is a HW issue wall charger never works..... However wall charger works sometimes....
Today I get a new samsung 800mA microusb charger.... However I still have the problem.
I give up....
Thanks everyone that give me advices.

Use an external BL-5J battery charger to charge your batteries in the meanwhile, thats what I did... I think that there's something wrong with the micro-usb jacket driver, maybe some kind of a rare bug, which is causing all this trouble.

Originally Posted by efekt View Post
Use an external BL-5J battery charger to charge your batteries in the meanwhile, thats what I did... I think that there's something wrong with the micro-usb jacket driver, maybe some kind of a rare bug, which is causing all this trouble.
It's a good idea thanks.
Is there any way that we could contact Nokia in order to report this problem.... so they can do something abut it???

I just discover this usefull trick:
Well, anyone knows that my phone doesn't recognize the wall charger. However I've always tried this with wall charger connected to the electric outlet.
So check this:
Just a few minutes ago, I connected the wall charger to the phone, but the wall charger was not connected to the electric outlet.
Then, I disconnect the wall charger from the phone, after that I connect the wall charger to the electric outlet and then I connect the wall charger to the phone..... So.... the phone recognizes immediatly the wall charger and started to charge!!!!
I repeated this proces like 5 times and It works great.... It's kind of tricky. However It works, maybe It could be usefull for someone.
The rule is: disconnect the wall charger from the electric outlet, the connect the wall charger to the phone, then disconnect the wall charger from the phone, then connect the wall charger to the electric outlet and then connect the wall charger to the phone...
and then.... the phone recognize the wall charger and starts to charge!!!!!
I almost forget.... this time I connect the phone to my pc is usb/pc suite mode in between the times that I tested the wall charger, and the trick works great....
I hope this could be the final solution, because it works even if the phone is turned off.....

Last edited by sjgarciav; 2010-12-03 at 02:40.

I was having a similar problem. Phone just wouldn't charge properly and kept dying and crashing one day (think it was the v45 kernel update)

Eventually I got stuck on the 5 dots of death and taking out the battery didn't help. Booting in R&D mode didn't help. Repeated reflashing of memory and emmc didn't help. Also the phone wouldn't charge.

I bought a desktop charger and charged the battery up full and it fixed it....sorta

now my usb port is fooked it seems, keep getting insufficient power message and disconnects and reconnects every 5 secs in usb mode. My bros G2 charger is nice and tight and is the only thing that charges it now (i bought 2 new nokia chargers). Whats worse is now every time I take out the battery to charge on the desktop charger my clock resets! And around 1 in 5 boots it gets stuck on the 5 dots of death. What the FOOK is goin on!

Originally Posted by Dami View Post
I was having a similar problem. Phone just wouldn't charge properly and kept dying and crashing one day (think it was the v45 kernel update)

Eventually I got stuck on the 5 dots of death and taking out the battery didn't help. Booting in R&D mode didn't help. Repeated reflashing of memory and emmc didn't help. Also the phone wouldn't charge.

I bought a desktop charger and charged the battery up full and it fixed it....sorta

now my usb port is fooked it seems, keep getting insufficient power message and disconnects and reconnects every 5 secs in usb mode. My bros G2 charger is nice and tight and is the only thing that charges it now (i bought 2 new nokia chargers). Whats worse is now every time I take out the battery to charge on the desktop charger my clock resets! And around 1 in 5 boots it gets stuck on the 5 dots of death. What the FOOK is goin on!
You've got some serious issue going on there, I don't think it has anything to do with drivers or software at all - you might want to really consider one of the following:
1. Go to a Nokia care facility and have your phone repaired or even replaced.
2. Try and buy a new battery - it sounds like your current battery might be faulty...