Active Topics

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
N8 is way too slow....no comparison to the overclocked N900

this and the fact that there is no physical keyboard...made my decision not to buy it....now that the dual-core phones are arriving there is no need to buying one (well, except the awesome camera)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sophocha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cardiff
Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
whats up people, a friend of mine just got the nokia n8, and i played with the device for about an hour or so, yes it may look like the symbian v5, but the new symbian takes the n8 to a new level, very nice, i'm impressed, ok so i had the n8 in one hand and the n900 in the other, and an iphone 3gs on the table, ok next to my overclocked @900 mhz n900 with custom zippy transitions and mods, the n8 didn't have a chance, i even underclocked and.... and still the n900 was way zippier, when multitasking the n900 opens the apps from the task manager at least 1.5 times faster, and it closes them with the same speed difference, nd so.... the n900 was better from every way except that amazing camera, this thing has that WOW factor with it, and the hdmi is awesome, plus the online channels integration and the home theater thingy are just great, very nice free hd games at the ovi store (nfs shift !! ) . the os looks and feels great, but the maemo5 is just better, now i went n8 vs iphone, and guess what, as always the iphone sucked, the n8 transitions and the homescreens, and its speed really did put the iphone back, not to mention the awesome media capabilities.....
so as conclusion the n8 is better that the 3gs, and the n900 smocks them both .
but reallt good job from nokia this phone is a major update from the n97, in fact its way different .
final words are :long live maemo5 .

that really hard decision to me to make before. should i change to n8? i really love the 12MP camera and hdmi cos i use it a lot! but after a while, i think it not worth it. if i change to n8, i got those thing but i will miss many thing. so, here i am. still loving my n900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to viovoxer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
Originally Posted by viovoxer View Post
that really hard decision to me to make before. should i change to n8? i really love the 12MP camera and hdmi cos i use it a lot! but after a while, i think it not worth it. if i change to n8, i got those thing but i will miss many thing. so, here i am. still loving my n900.
trust me stay away from it, the browser, the qwerty, the os, ......
and the n8 has flash lite 4.0 so the n8 users can watch full youtube videos in the browser with flash 10.1, but they can't because the browser can't handle big pages, and if you go to discussions.nokia.com you'll see that when users try to watch a youtube video, the phone freezes, and they have to do a soft reset to reboot it (they don't have a battery cover ) .
n900 for life (t'ill the n9 comes )

The Following User Says Thank You to elie-7 For This Useful Post:
A few things the N8 does well but still missing from N900 and many other devices
-Mail for exchange with full remote device management means work emails get to the device
-Full HD playback of video and high quality vid recording
-USB on the go
-Bluetooth 3.0
-HDMI out
-On board video editing
-Gravity
-Full Portrait support
-Voice guidance Ovi Maps
-Voice commands
-Great battery life

and oh yes the Xenon

The Browser is not as good as N900 but what they got is Opera, so plenty to like and plenty for Meego device to catch up with.

I'm not swapping my N900 but will probably get one as work phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post: