Active Topics

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
My tought is, where is the big blog news? None of the big tech blogs seems to have written about meego in a while. As for avaa, two problems. 1. X86. 2. Not generally available!

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I was still making reference to this operating system as an ARM Linux OS. It would seem terrible to write so much from scratch right away. Wasteful and dumb, really. Hopefully that's not the case--or if it is, it'll QUICKLY develop faster than Maemo did. God, it's been YEARS and Maemo STILL ended up feeling unfinished in its latest incarnation.
the only that is written from scratch is the UI layer. and some of the security framework as far as I know. But it probadly enought to make it not be release any handsets before Q3.

and about android "hack" what I meant is that Android was first done for small screen then they upgrade in every release support for bigger screens etc...

I am not and expert but to me it looks like QtQuick can be better than Android/Ios and simpler for app developers making multiplatform UI for both tablets/handsets and stationary computers. Also Nokia/intel and other Meego developers has now the possibility to see the mistakes done in Iphone/Android and make it better in Meego and that sometimes is missed point by many of those who says "Nokia should go Android"

Maybe I am following qtquick and its development to much but too me its seems very promising atleast

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-01-08 at 02:33.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by tso View Post
My tought is, where is the big blog news? None of the big tech blogs seems to have written about meego in a while. As for avaa, two problems. 1. X86. 2. Not generally available!
ofcourse they dont. Same thing as when Android was in betastage. The media is just doing as always following the mainstream and whats make them most profit atm...

Tags
d.o.a., it's dead jim, meegohorny, tabuntu, undroid