Notices

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by bbkshine View Post
2) Allow the Front camera to take Pictures
....r
I think you mean, "take very bad Pictures"

I was playing with a streaming program that can use the front camera as well as the back. Hmmm, indeed the device appears light sensitive....

Really Great Work.. & its Good that you are also concentrating on Video Capture part... i hope it gets Completed soon...

Also is it possible to Stretch video to 720p(either by decreasing frame rate to 21fps to get lesser Cpu load)

thanks & all the best

P.s. - its a nice application give it a good name like "Pro-Cam" or something..

Really nice Work,
i have one thing that i miss on the N900 that my N95 did, and most digital cameras i used (nothing spetial thou). When taking pictures you have first to press the cam button to half and wait for autofocus, then press it all way down to take the picture. If you press it directly all way down it will only take a picture without focusing. On the N95 when you press the button all way down it makes autofocus and takes immediately the picture. I think it is much better this way because it takes too long for me to reakt and press the bottun after it focused.
Is it possible to implement an option for this feature? But i don't know if anyone is missing/using/needing this thing.
Hope i'm not the only one with this

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wassili For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by Megaltariak View Post
On my device:
when lens cover is open: half-press
when lens cover is closed: full-press
Same here. Bit annoying, as I'd like Shortcutd to still work with half-presses when lens cover is open. Would be great if all of these things were configurable.

Also, nicolai - any chance, but the time this is formally released, you could make your camera-ui2 package get installed as camera-ui (backing up original, if camera-ui can't be reinstalled at uninstall), and use the same DBus interface(s)? It would certainly make it more of a proper "replacement" for the closed camera-ui we have, as it would just snugly plug in to the gap left by the stock one. Also means cl-launcher and the like don't have to be recoded to check for, and use, camera-ui2 specifically.

Also, I would suggest that your camera-ui2 load, and save, the same gconf settings camera-ui uses. That way the transition is even more seemless, less stuff breaks, etc. Also, please include, whenever you get around to this, some way of chosing whether the camera opens in camera or video camera mode. (There's already suggestions for this, of course, but I really wanted to stress that. Some of us only use the stock video camera to take video, and let the other camera programs take care of photography.) Even something like it opening in whatever mode of the two it was in when closed would probably be welcome.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
+1 for 720p and would be nice if we can somewhat get a better encoding and decoding codec as well

If possible, increase the frame rate to 30ps would be super

So we can record and play on our device.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
+1 for 720p and would be nice if we can somewhat get a better encoding and decoding codec as well

If possible, increase the frame rate to 30ps would be super

So we can record and play on our device.
This brings me to the point of whether or not camera-ui2 video stutters more than camera-ui. I was playing with both without o-c'ing and I can't make up my mind if there is a difference. Needless to say it was bad in both, which for camera-ui is no news at all.

Last edited by handaxe; 2011-03-10 at 21:51. Reason: prior idiocy

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Same here. Bit annoying, as I'd like Shortcutd to still work with half-presses when lens cover is open. Would be great if all of these things were configurable.
Will be fixed, I just wasn't aware about this behavior.

Also, nicolai - any chance, but the time this is formally released, you could make your camera-ui2 package get installed as camera-ui (backing up original, if camera-ui can't be reinstalled at uninstall), and use the same DBus interface(s)? It would certainly make it more of a proper "replacement" for the closed camera-ui we have, as it would just snugly plug in to the gap left by the stock one. Also means cl-launcher and the like don't have to be recoded to check for, and use, camera-ui2 specifically.
Yes, this is the goal.
Also, I would suggest that your camera-ui2 load, and save, the same gconf settings camera-ui uses. That way the transition is even more seemless, less stuff breaks, etc.
It already reads and stores the same settings as the original
camera-ui. For example: open my camera-ui2 change the scene-mode, close the application (kill it) and open the
original camera-ui. You will see the changed scene mode is
active. (Well I already see one bug, the resolution settings isn't
saved.)

Also, please include, whenever you get around to this, some way of chosing whether the camera opens in camera or video camera mode.
(There's already suggestions for this, of course, but I really wanted to stress that. Some of us only use the stock video camera to take video, and let the other camera programs take care of photography.) Even something like it opening in whatever mode of the two it was in when closed would probably be welcome.
The camera-uis (both) already remember the last scene-mode.

Thank you all for your feedback.
Nicolai

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Char View Post
that seems to be the problem. as I said, i was simply running the camera-ui2 binary with a nohup. I'll check this later, thanks.
no dice. doing this simply reboots my device the moment i open the lens cover

Originally Posted by Char View Post
no dice. doing this simply reboots my device the moment i open the lens cover
Strangely, having worked before flawlessly, my n900 now reboots when I do "dsmetool -t /usr/bin/camera-ui2" either as root or via sudo. This appeared after, but may be unrelated to, a CSSU update. If I run /usr/bin/camera-ui2 as user "user" then it works. I cannot run /usr/bin/camera-ui2 as root (there is no need to I know) as it immediately segfaults which is prolly the source of the reboot.

Last edited by handaxe; 2011-03-11 at 13:38.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
"Possible bugs" report:

1) Once loaded but inactive, a firm if slightly long press of camera button can bring up the ui and immediately start filming if the stored mode was video. This may be related to the button press issue raised earlier?

2) If filming and the ui is closed by using the top right "X", the filming "continues" as the counter still is running and the left stop icon is primed when the ui is re-invoked. On occasion, the review window can appear whilst the filming is under-way and the filming keeps running upon return to the action ui. The film is corrupt/zero length.

3) If a vertically oriented picture is taken with the camera button on the right, then the image is transposed left-right. This doe snot happen with the camera button on the left.

4) On occasion, the flash will fire despite being set as "always off". When it happens it is always the first shot after activating the ui (and it may be the first activate after loading camera-ui2). Am unable to reproduce readily but have seen it on 3 occasions.

I run power kernel, o'clocked and CSSU. Keep in mind however, that I tested all of the above with the stock ui without observing the same.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera-ui, fremantle