Notices

Turns out most tweaks can be done without recompilation. For landscape support just add
Code:
allowedOrientations: Orientation.All
right after page id in share/harbour-quickddit/qml/*.qml files you want to support landscape. With this comes the fact that system turning does fitToScreen correctly, pardon tweetpics:
how it loads originally
http://t.co/ol0FPTH45M
after turning sideways and back to portrait
http://t.co/D76JcFVexz
(if anyone knows better/easier way to post screenshots from jolla pls share)
after orientation switching swipe back to comments works without hitches, any suggestions how to make it scale properly from initial load? the only noticeable diffs in the image viéw qml (comparing to veskuh's tweetian) were triple = which did not do the trick

Last edited by szopin; 2014-04-04 at 18:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Is there a way to save posts? Couldn't find one, and this is an important feature!

The Following User Says Thank You to thejus11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 417 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Malaysia
@szopin that's an interesting discovery. Unfortunately the emulator does not support switching to landscape mode, so I can't test that or create a workaround

@thejuz11 on my todo list but not high priority.

Originally Posted by dicksonleong8 View Post
@szopin that's an interesting discovery. Unfortunately the emulator does not support switching to landscape mode, so I can't test that or create a workaround

@thejuz11 on my todo list but not high priority.
Sorry if this is obvious, but do reddit messages notifications work?

Updated to 0.3.2!

- Add support for viewing image from more formats of Imgur URL
- Add support for view, add and remove subreddits for multireddit
- Add support for search within a subreddit
- Show number of hidden comments (show additional comments is not implemented yet)
- Add refresh action for cover
- Redesign open link dialog UI
- A lot of minor UI fixes
- "Front Page" and "Sureddits" options move from "More" to the pull down menu for easier access
- Fix image not fit to screen
- Fix a possible crash when performing multiple request at startup
- Show a message after added/edited/deleted a comment successfully

Update from OpenRepos

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dicksonleong8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Updated to 0.3.2!
Thank you!
I have just two suggestions:
  • could you please reduce the number of items in pulley menu (i.e. in subreddits) to 4, as recommended by Jolla? You could solve it by, for example, moving the subbreddit info to an attachedPage.
  • what about saving favorites? I don't have a reddit account, but I would like to be able to favorite some threads to come back to it later.

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Thank you!
I have just two suggestions:
  • could you please reduce the number of items in pulley menu (i.e. in subreddits) to 4, as recommended by Jolla? You could solve it by, for example, moving the subbreddit info to an attachedPage.
  • what about saving favorites? I don't have a reddit account, but I would like to be able to favorite some threads to come back to it later.
AttachedPage not working reliably (at least in the emulator), so I can't use that (for now). A lot of people complaining that they need to access to the subreddits option faster, so I have to move it out from "More" to the pull down menu. 6 items not that worst, IMO.

With a reddit account you can "save" a thread or a comment, but I have not implement yet (in my todo!). But without an account... Quickddit is design for user with a reddit account so I don't think I will implement that.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
AttachedPage not working reliably (at least in the emulator), so I can't use that (for now). A lot of people complaining that they need to access to the subreddits option faster, so I have to move it out from "More" to the pull down menu. 6 items not that worst, IMO.
That is certainly a matter of opinion, but those guidelines exist for a reason. Once you force allowedOrientations in Silica (for example when using the dirkvl's keyboard), any more than 4 items in pulley menu are unusable. I think that it applies for portrait as well.

What is the problem with attachedPage? I have used it in some of my apps and it works fine. Just tried it in the emulator as well as on the device and works great on both. You just need to do (replace attachedPageId with the id of your own attached page):
Code:
onStatusChanged: {
    if (status === PageStatus.Active) {
        pageStack.pushAttached(attachedPageId)
    }
}

I also forgot about one thing that is quite annoying: Could you please change the color of links (like it was done in Tweetian)? The default blue color is unreadable in Sailfish.
Thank you.

Last edited by nodevel; 2014-05-20 at 09:54.

Do you think to publish quickddit on Harbour?
Thanks

Landscape support would be awesome!

The Following User Says Thank You to parasemic For This Useful Post: