Still no closer to finding the tree on mozilla.org that properly matches microb-engine_20100401-1.9.2.orig. I thought it might have been GECKO1922_20100315_RELBRANCH in the mozilla-1.9.2 repository but it doesn't appear to be a match to any revision I can find on that branch.

The Following User Says Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post:
This might not help with the current problems like outdated gtk but the Sailfish-Browser seems to work with gecko engine and there is f.e. a moz.build file in the source.

https://github.com/sailfishos/sailfish-browser

The Following User Says Thank You to waschmi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by jonwil View Post
Still no closer to finding the tree on mozilla.org that properly matches microb-engine_20100401-1.9.2.orig. I thought it might have been GECKO1922_20100315_RELBRANCH in the mozilla-1.9.2 repository but it doesn't appear to be a match to any revision I can find on that branch.
Maybe it'd be worth looking at the embedlite git repo? It has the full history of mozilla-central.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
half the problem when i looked earlier in main 1.9.2 repo is the branch merges. trying to narrow down dates only to find it was part of a merge so you have to keep going back further.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
microb-engine contains a .hg_archival.txt file which (according to what I can find with google) should match to some repo and some revision but I have no clue how to match that stuff up.

Still getting lost in the depths of the mozilla tree

Originally Posted by jonwil View Post
Perhaps this is of some use ?
http://oss.fruct.org/repository/pool....2.orig.tar.gz

The Following User Says Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Thats exactly the file I already have. What I am trying to find is what code in the Mozilla repos that most closely matches that file (i.e. whatever mozilla tree was used as the base for the code in that file)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Where do you see various trees-branches?

Because (the suggestion is too obvious, and therefore already failed?) the filename points exactly to GECKO 1.9.2.3 20100401 branch.

I can see 1.9.2 branch, but nothing more definite than that:
http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla1.9.2/source/

And even xulrunner misses 1.9.2.3 release:
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.or...nner/releases/

And mozilla has only old releases:
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/releases/

[EDIT] It is rumoured that Firefox 3.6.3 is the one needed:
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.or.../3.6.3/source/
Try it?
[/EDIT]

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2014-11-11 at 22:53.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
[EDIT] It is rumoured that Firefox 3.6.3 is the one needed:
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.or.../3.6.3/source/
Try it?
[/EDIT]
In about:config my general.useragent.vendor says Firefox/3.5 Maemo Browser 1.7.4.8 RX-51 N900 and extensions.lastAppVersion says 3.5... And when I search for "fennec" there, also something showed up... Tried checking fennec source tree maybe? I tried to locate 1.7.4.8 but it looks like only 1.7 is there ( http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla1.7/source/ )...? This is hell to track... Maybe it would be worth talking to someone who was actually working at Nokia at that time (lately some PulseAudio guy got into contact with freemangordon on irc...?) and ask him how the process of forking worked or if he knows anyone from microb team...?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo 5, microb