Notices

Will the new build take care of the bug where webkit does not seem to allow the full number of characters to be inputted in https password fields?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Actually the bug was applying to all input fields with maxlength, but yes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Has anyone else noticed problems editing Wikipedia pages? After submitting, I get an error message from the site, although editing with MicroB works fine.

The error I get is:

WIKIMEDIA FOUNDATION
Error
Our servers are currently experiencing a technical problem. This is probably temporary and should be fixed soon. Please try again in a few minutes.

You may be able to get further information in the #wikipedia channel on the Freenode IRC network.

The Wikimedia Foundation is a non-profit organisation which hosts some of the most popular sites on the Internet, including Wikipedia. It has a constant need to purchase new hardware. If you would like to help, please donate.

If you report this error to the Wikimedia System Administrators, please include the details below.
Request: POST http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...&action=submit, from 83.67.98.35 via knsq25.knams.wikimedia.org (squid/2.7.STABLE6) to ()
Error: ERR_INVALID_REQ, errno [No Error] at Tue, 14 Jul 2009 17:12:18 GMT
العربية Bahasa Indonesia Česky Dansk Deutsch Eesti Ελληνικά English Español فارسي Français 한국어 Italiano עברית Nederlands
日本語 Norsk (Bokmċl) Polski Português Română Русский Српски Suomi Svenska ไทย Tiếng Việt Türkçe 繁體中文 简体中文

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Hmm noticed something interesting. For the links that don't open on the first try in mauku you can try again and then it will work.
Noticed similar behavior in Modest; it's as if you have to wake something up first...

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Has anyone else noticed problems editing Wikipedia pages? After submitting, I get an error message from the site, although editing with MicroB works fine.

The error I get is:

WIKIMEDIA FOUNDATION
Error
Our servers are currently experiencing a technical problem. This is probably temporary and should be fixed soon. Please try again in a few minutes.

You may be able to get further information in the #wikipedia channel on the Freenode IRC network.

The Wikimedia Foundation is a non-profit organisation which hosts some of the most popular sites on the Internet, including Wikipedia. It has a constant need to purchase new hardware. If you would like to help, please donate.

If you report this error to the Wikimedia System Administrators, please include the details below.
Request: POST http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...&action=submit, from 83.67.98.35 via knsq25.knams.wikimedia.org (squid/2.7.STABLE6) to ()
Error: ERR_INVALID_REQ, errno [No Error] at Tue, 14 Jul 2009 17:12:18 GMT
العربية Bahasa Indonesia Česky Dansk Deutsch Eesti Ελληνικά English Español فارسي Français 한국어 Italiano עברית Nederlands
日本語 Norsk (Bokmċl) Polski Português Română Русский Српски Suomi Svenska ไทย Tiếng Việt Türkçe 繁體中文 简体中文
Maybe it has something to do with the ajax bug (earlier known as the download dialog bug)

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Actually the bug was applying to all input fields with maxlength, but yes.
Thanks. That's good to know. It only affected me on https sites for password fields, not for other sign-ins. I never looked at the underlying html.

Unrelatedly, does webkit limit the size of the temp cache or do I need to clear it out periodically via terminal to keep it from eventually taking over my SD card?

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Maybe it has something to do with the ajax bug (earlier known as the download dialog bug)
I don't know. I tried turning off the Wikipedia editing toolbar (which requires Javascript), which didn't help, and I changed to a simple skin, but that didn't help either. I haven't tried other MediaWiki sites. Maybe if someone runs their own MediaWiki site they can take a look at the site logs to see what happens when attempting to submit a page edit via Tear.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Canada
I had an error submitting a change to my personal DokuWiki. It looked kind of similar. I'll test again later and post the complete message. Javascript was turned off, so it shouldn't be an AJAX issue.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Seattle, WA, USA
browser-proxy 1.3 now works with links from Pidgin and feedcircuit.
Installation instructions here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=566

Thank you very much to Laughing Man for testing assistance!

The Following User Says Thank You to xiojason For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
ah, i seem to have missunderstood earlier. There is no need to disable bowserd to have the script work. But unless one want to use microb one saves on ram by disabling it, right?

i highly agree that this should be folded into dbus-switchboard!

Tags
browserd fix, microb killer, webkit