Notices

It works very well! The only issue personally i have is the art cover in porttrait mode. I would like an option to hide it. I switched to portrait to be able to see more tracks, but the album art makes it so i see less than in landscape. Also an option for changing the font size, or at least to remove the icon for every track which is using up very much screen space, i reckon you can fit 50% more tracks if you remove the icon for every item in the list.

The Following User Says Thank You to thecopy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
Thanks a lot for the feedback. I have myself often experienced the same disconnect problem, so it is a high priority to get a fix implemented for it. So It is definitely planned for one of the following releases.. I have considered a solution where a disconnect event will be detected, and automatic re-connect to Spotify (i.e., re-login) will be attempted.
Count my vote to promote this feature up in the wishlist :-)
It's hard to use QSpot while in car and 3G is lost: if I have to manually login, this could lead to a fine for me. Traffic police are very active these days...

Thanks for this fabulous app, it is my second most used app in N900, after MicroB

Rafa.

The Following User Says Thank You to rgodinez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thecopy View Post
It works very well! The only issue personally i have is the art cover in porttrait mode. I would like an option to hide it. I switched to portrait to be able to see more tracks, but the album art makes it so i see less than in landscape. Also an option for changing the font size, or at least to remove the icon for every track which is using up very much screen space, i reckon you can fit 50% more tracks if you remove the icon for every item in the list.
Thanks a lot for the feedback! It is a good idea to include an option to remove covertart / icons while in portrait mode, as it is true that it occupies quite a lot of space. I will add it to a forthcoming QSpot version..

The Following User Says Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
I have planned a new update very soon (I am waiting for some translations yet, and fixing misc. issues) that will add e.g., automatic login (so that in case you select to save the login credentials you will not need to login manually each time). For the version after that I hope to be able to add the automatic re-connect functionality, as it has high priority on my todo list..

Really happy to hear that you find QSpot useful!

Originally Posted by rgodinez View Post
Count my vote to promote this feature up in the wishlist :-)
It's hard to use QSpot while in car and 3G is lost: if I have to manually login, this could lead to a fine for me. Traffic police are very active these days...

Thanks for this fabulous app, it is my second most used app in N900, after MicroB

Rafa.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Finland
automatic log in sounds good ! keep up the good work, also very much used app for me going to get a car holder and then this app really takes its place.

The Following User Says Thank You to joonne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 158 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
That re-connect feature is the most important for me because i use my n900 to play my music when im cycling here and there and usually 3G connection drops out because of bad signal and i have to get my phone from my pocket and reconnect it manually... its kind of a bad thing when you are breathing heavily and try to focus on your training

Thats also the main reason im thinking of buying android device BUT if you can make reconnect to work when connection stalls it would be aweseome!

QSpot is the most used software in my phone, thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to jsomby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Netherlands
Attached to this post you will find the updated Dutch translation file. Let me know if you have any remaining questions.

Am looking forward to the next version. Thanks for all your hard work!

Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
I have planned a new update very soon (I am waiting for some translations yet, and fixing misc. issues)
Attached Files
File Type: gz qspot_nl.tar.gz (2.3 KB, 103 views)

So then it was time to announce yet another QSpot update (0.9.1-1), which is now available from the extras-devel repository and garage project page. This update introduces / fixes the following:

* Added support for automatic login (save credentials checkbox moved to Settings dialog)
* Bitrate selection moved to Settings dialog.
* Fixed bug with shuffling mode (sometimes song played and displayed coverart / info did not match).
* Updated Finnish, German and Dutch translations (thanks to Tomi, Florian and Benno).
* Playback of current track can now be resumed after the account has been used from somewhere else.
* Misc. minor fixes.

I hope you will enjoy the new version.. For the next version I hope to introduce handling of re-connect issue.

Last edited by aenbacka; 2011-05-17 at 14:53.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
libspotify 0.0.8 now has offline support! Does it support ARM yet?

http://developer.spotify.com/blog/ar...fline-support/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jipiese For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jipiese View Post
libspotify 0.0.8 now has offline support! Does it support ARM yet?

http://developer.spotify.com/blog/ar...fline-support/
Thanks for the info, it does indeed support ARM.. The problem is the current terms of usage of the library; it is now allowed to be used in applications for mobile internet devices (MIDs) such as the N900; hopefully this will be changed at some point.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:

Tags
premium account, spotify