Notices

Originally Posted by thp View Post
If you mean the scaling of icons done by Billboard, I have already fixed that here locally and it will be part of the next release (instead of scaling embedded images and icons, they will have their original size and be centered vertically).

If you mean the lack of color shades in the low power mode screen, that's a hardware limitation, although it can sometimes help to set the "Color Profile" (Settings - Device - Display - Color Profile) to "Vivid" (this is also needed to get pure green to display correctly/at all, at least on some devices).

Sweet! Thank you.

Originally Posted by jpel View Post
Script to display random one line tag aphorisms from a text file :-)

Code:
#!/bin/sh
FILE=/home/user/scripts/taglines.txt
awk 'BEGIN { srand() }
{ l[NR]=$0 }
END { print l[int(rand() * NR + 1)] }' "$FILE"
Sample Screenshot
if i have a very long quote in a line. is it possible to make it print that whole line but in the Billboards 3 line?

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Digit7z View Post
if i have a very long quote in a line. is it possible to make it print that whole line but in the Billboards 3 line?
I guess with that you mean wrapping of long lines instead of eliding them in the single line (with "...")? If so, that's something that's still on the TODO list and might be added in a future version (maybe as an option, as sometimes it's good not to shift all the content down by one line when a line overflows).

As a temporary workaround, you could manually break the lines in the script output, but of course calculating the right position for the split is non-trivial.

Hello.

I'm American so my phone time is set to 12-hour. However I want to display current time in 24-hour format too, as a reference when traveling overseas. Is there a tag to display current time in 24-hour format?

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Arf the Lab View Post
I'm American so my phone time is set to 12-hour. However I want to display current time in 24-hour format too, as a reference when traveling overseas. Is there a tag to display current time in 24-hour format?
I'd suggest:

Code:
{script:date +%H}
Or:

Code:
{script:date +%R}
However, note that this won't update as often as the clock does (unless you put in something that updates quite often, such as battery charge).

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Thanks! Works fine.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Hungary
Hello!
Maybe it can be solved, it displays the remaining battery time?
And charging the remaining charging time?

Thank you!

Sorry for my bad english

Last edited by Soltee; 2013-02-13 at 14:52.

Posts: 644 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
lshal | grep battery.remaining_time

There is: battery.remaining_time, but mine is zero.????

Code:
qdbus --system org.freedesktop.Hal /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/bme org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.GetProperty battery.remaining_time

Last edited by MK99; 2013-02-13 at 15:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to MK99 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by MK99 View Post
lshal | grep battery.remaining_time

There is: battery.remaining_time, but mine is zero.????

Code:
qdbus --system org.freedesktop.Hal /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/bme org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.GetProperty battery.remaining_time

Thanks, but it does not work.
Smooth write to the terminal?

Posts: 644 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Soltee View Post
Thanks, but it does not work.
Smooth write to the terminal?
terminal:
Code:
script:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

reply=`qdbus --system org.freedesktop.Hal /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/bme org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.GetProperty battery.remaining_time | sed -n 1p`

echo "$reply"
I really do not know what number this is, but was asked ...

Last edited by MK99; 2013-02-13 at 16:06.