ITEM_NAME="RescueOS"
ITEM_KERNEL="2.6.37"
ITEM_INITRD="rescueOS-initrd-0.5.3.img"
ITEM_CMDLINE="rootdelay root=/dev/ram0"
ITEM_OMAPATAG="1"
EDIT:
Above file was edited. Store rescue os files to /boot and run:
$ u-boot-update-bootmenu
ITEM_KERNEL="2.6.37" the 2.6.37 file in the /boot also? and the .sig files? thank you

after installation
dpkg -i u-boot-tools_2012.04-1_armel
dpkg -i u-boot-flasher_2012.04-1_armel
and reboot system, maemo not loaded
how to disable autorun u-boot?

Hi guys. I'm not sure if this is appropriate place to ask, but I don't know where else.

My N900 won't boot, when charger is connected, it restarts one after the screen with dots and second time it shuts down on the same screen. When I pull out the charger, it boots normally.

Now I'm using uboot and KP51, but I don't think is directly problem with UBOOT or KP, because I have this problem from very beginning (probably with pristine N900, with original kernel...).

I made video, to better explain to whole booting mystery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAc0tUAqaww

Last edited by mauron85; 2013-03-12 at 10:34.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
Thinking about installing U-Boot, but as it seems to mess with the kernel I'm planning to do a backup. Is it recommended to backup everything or is it enough with MyDocs (or /home/user)?

What's the best/quickest way to backup the whole filesystem? I have Dropbear (ssh) installed and working fine, but I guess it would take some time to transfer a complete backup. Can you somehow access the whole filesystem including root using the regular data cable (USB) -- not just MyDocs?

Backupmenu package is what you're looking for.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Hello, I did some searching in this thread, but still not sure I got it right:
- U-boot with KP51r1 and CSSU Thumb is possible, yes (is there a step-by-step howto)?
- If so, can I make KP my default boot option?
- If KP is my default boot option, will it boot to KP even if the keyboard remains closed?

(I want to install Debian on an SD card like here: http://elektranox.org/n900/index.html and dual boot with Maemo)
Thanks, Ben

The Following User Says Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
please let me know if I should post this over the nitdroid thread.

I have managed to get nitdroid to boot using u-boot by referring to this thread and the guide posted here. Before this I use multiboot and saw u-boot may be a better choice so I attempted to shift over. Everything sort of work as well as using multiboot, but unfortunately WiFi doesn't.

The main question is that whether the user experience is expected to be different when booting using multiboot vs. u-boot? I have attempted a nearly-identical setup with the only difference being the uImage offered by vakkov@nitdroid-forum for u-boot (tried with and without the additional patches).

My current setup mostly follows the above mentioned guide, but without all the patches (i.e. original init.nokia.rc, init_subsys, camd). The whole installation currently stays in a 8GB mini-SDHC card (class 4) partitioned to 2, where mmcblk1p1 (2GB) with FAT filesystem, and mmcblk1p2 (remaining capacity) in ext3. Instead of using boot.scr, I managed to make it boot by following the guide posted #324, with the following bootmenu settings

Code:
ITEM_NAME="NITDroid"
ITEM_KERNEL="uImage"
ITEM_DEVICE="${EXT_CARD}p1"
ITEM_FSTYPE="fat"
ITEM_CMDLINE="snd-soc-rx51.hp_lim=42 snd-soc-tlv320aic3x.hp_dac_lim=6 console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 rw rootdelay=5 init=/init panic=30 debug"
ITEM_REUSEATAGS=1
and the nitdroid and kernel modules installed are from N12_UMay.tar.bz2 and nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_7-rc7_armel.deb

P/S: btw the multiboot approach I tried was done through the nitdroid-installer script

sysctl net netfilter nf conntrack acct 1 to enable it
any hints on this?

I have a problem with u-boot on maemo cssu thumb with kp52.
I have kernel power zimage52 in "/boot", u-boot-update-bootmenu detects kp52 bootmenu item. I set kp52 as default, but after reboot u-boot starts omap kernel, which is removed by cssu thumb.
Any suggestions ?

I want to dual boot maemo and arch.

Last edited by n900_; 2013-03-29 at 13:41.

mate at least you can boot sliding the keyboard , mine throws that error in arch

Tags
bootmenu, u-boot