Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Now all it needs is commercial app support! I don't care if it doesn't get supported by Nokia, I just want to have many great apps!

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by blipnl View Post
It shows some nice hints like the 12Mpix camera, if anyone's interested I could make pics out of it for a gallery
someone beat you to it

http://thehandheldblog.com/2011/05/1...ndheld+Blog%29

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

WTF is an app?

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:

I was just about to pull the trigger on either a Galaxy S2 or an Optimus 3D, now I'm back into waiting mode argh! I could watch that teaser all day long...

Last edited by Ayle; 2011-05-17 at 18:32.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ayle For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by zdanee View Post
Well, I for one will not be an early adopter. I do love its looks, and what it promises, but I'll wait for the first user reviews, the first firmware-update, and till its price drops a bit (probably when the wp7 series will come out). I want to know what the hardware is capable of, how hackable the OS is, wait till a bunch of developers start to make use of the new stuff and let the platform mature a bit. This time around I want no breaking USB ports, no white spots on the TFT, no surprises.
Price drop yes maybe, but not because of WP7 cause who of those Meego/Maemo users will ever buy Microsoft crap?

Not me atleast.. Different userbase imho.

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Thessaloniki Greece
Why buy it when I know that Nokia has abandoned Meego for Windows? When I know that it has no future? Yes I love my N900. For sure N9 will be great but....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crabsody For This Useful Post:
This looks great, but let's not pretend it will get any support from Nokia or third party devs. I'd rather wait for a year or so 'till it has a community properly supporting it like the N900 has. It'll be a lot cheaper by then too. Besides, I want to see if it really is the successor to the N900 both in terms of hardware, software and community support.

Originally Posted by mece View Post
another thing, as soon as sdk and repos are out we need to start recompiling maemo5 apps so we have stuff to install

*about to burst with excitement*
Someone get google maps on that thing!

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
Someone get google maps on that thing!
Why google maps? What's so great about google maps?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
This just looks too Symbian for me. If this is really Harmattan... I really have a long way to go to accept it.

I thought when Marko Ahtisaari talked about new OS UI paradigms, I thought WP7 was going to be a soul-sister in design language and innovation. Peter Skillman was hired by Nokia and he soon went on to say he hates "Clutter, clutter, clutter.", which S^3 was said to be the prime example of. The leaked UI powerpoint thing however unlikely to be ever implemented played on the dark and cool colours of Maemo5, just took it to the next level.

Now it looks like Android. I mean the platform that's version releases are named after pastries. Pastries are cool for overweight engineers that find Stephen King and cardboard partyplates with red, yellow and blue as high art. And its visible in how completely uninteresting the UI on Android is.

I thought Nokia's MeeGo was going to start something new or just be very different. Just like the N900. What's happened here?

If this is it, then my God, was it dumbed down. Or perhaps my expectations were raised too high, but I think for good reason.

Heavens above, imagine someone sees you using this in the street and asks you if its Symbian! Nightmare! :S

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland