Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
of course, but the next one will probably include meego.
how about a winter-competition?
every half a year a competition running for two month.
I'd avoid crucial phases in July/August as it is vacation time in almost 1/2 world.
Also 2nd half December and 1st half January might be at risk...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by Figa View Post
Thanks itīs awesome. Maybe every three months and during one month, but it si maybe so much often.
yes, I think it's too often.
We should prefer quality over quantity.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Just to let y'all know, Ive paid out on the beginner's contest prizes tonight. Jonne has chosen the Advanced Qt C++ book so hopefully thats a sign of some advanced N900 applications to come

Jonne also kindly passed on the cash prize, so that enabled us to create a new prize for the 3rd placed runner up robbiethe1st, and his excellent BackupMenu

First 3 places (sorry robbie, I only got 3..) also get the lazer cut stands, and I'll send them on once fake sends them and they arrive here. So I'll be in touch for postal addresses then. In the meantime, please check you all got your winnings (to the paypal addresses you sent me, so it's your fault if you don't! ) and let me know if there's any problems

Still waiting for a few paypal addresses for the other categories, but I hope to have the full list this week. I'll pass on the details to zehjotkah to award the rest of you at that time Keep an eye out for the paypal confirmation emails

Nokia prize winners - i guess Quim/Nokia will be in touch a little closer to the conference to make arrangements with you. Let me know how you get on

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 116 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Oulu, Finland
Happy to pass down the money as it would be too much to get the trip and money too. I code Qt quite much at work and first was going to start DropN900 with Qt too. I would say advanced book is just the thing for me to get better as a programmer I didn't know about the book and stand before today kojacker contacted me. So this experience (being part of the competition) just gets better and better every day. The stand looks sweet!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jonnenau For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
I've done all payments except of two, since PayPal is not allowing to transfer money to certain countries.
Please check your mails.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 383 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
I've done all payments except of two, since PayPal is not allowing to transfer money to certain countries.
Please check your mails.
I have received the payments.

Thanks zehjotkah, kojacker and everyone who has been involved in all these admin works.

And of course, I would like to thank everyone who donates and votes in this competition. This is such an awesome and encouraging event for all Maemo developers!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amandalam For This Useful Post:
Well done kojacker and zehjotkah! Now it is time to wait for the precious N9 hopefully this price is 10% of the phone As it looks like now I can not continue my work without wasting 80% on testing and compiling as the emulator is not working at all... But I give this promise, the first day I get a new phone I can continue this project with. That day will be the start on the programming again. This assuming I do not get the emulator to work.

Might be the wrong thread but nokia will probebly present the N9 at nokia world as they did with n900 right?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lullen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by amandalam View Post
I have received the payments.

Thanks zehjotkah, kojacker and everyone who has been involved in all these admin works.

And of course, I would like to thank everyone who donates and votes in this competition. This is such an awesome and encouraging event for all Maemo developers!
What else can I say? Thanks all...

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
I received the payment, too. Thanks a lot!

Because of adverse conditions it was forbidden for my project to join the Beginner section. So I was sadly unable to win the book price...

I want to do something useful with the donation from this community (and it's not enought for a new Dreambox 8000)
So I'm now proud to proclaim:

I used the price to order this Book:

I wrote my first N900 project in python using PyQt4. But I still don't like Python and perhaps I have enought time and energy to contribute at the next competition with a application written in C++ and Qt!

Thanks zehjotkah and kojacker for this great competition!

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
simply awesome

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lcuk For This Useful Post: