Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by fidel cashlow View Post
I'm not sure if this has been discussed but how is the software update going to be handled? Firmware update?
If it's anything like previous devices (where the updates were called SSUs, for seamless software updates), you'll get a notification of an update in the notification area, and when you click on it you can download and install the update over the air.

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Nice - the next sw update will get access to the Company Directory (and this is a clear enhancement - not a bug being fixed).
See here: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7222

I hope the next sw update will also be able to send out eMails while manual sync...
UPDATE: @Vitaly: that was a hidden question...

Last edited by HugoSon; 2009-12-22 at 12:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to HugoSon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 320 | Thanked: 763 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Espoo, FInland
Originally Posted by JPvdBos View Post
Hi Vitaly,

Interesting remark you made. I did not mention Java 'cause the subject of this thread is MfE.
If you can raise this question in another thread, I will be able to continue java discussion there...

I have thoughts to share on this matter. But not in this thread as it is MfE-specific.

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaly_repin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Italy
Originally Posted by vitaly_repin View Post
No. It is not the settings. It is rather mail client "feature".
Hi Vitaly

I want to thank you VERY much for your kindness and support to all of us. Your partecipation to this forum is very important for many users like me.

I have just received my new N900. I ordered it after you post that the problem with MFe and Exchange 2003 was fixed.
I hope that the new firmware will be available very soon.
I'm waiting to switch to N900 as primary phone for MfE problem.

I write this email mainly to say thank you very much...but since I'm here ;-) ...I take the opportunity also to ask you:

1) do you know if the new firmware will include portrait mode ?
(sorry for the OT but is important)

2) Are any developing on new features on modest client (smart reply etc.) and MFE full implementation of functions going on in Nokia Dev team ? Will we see them soon ?

3) Since all SMS, email etc are stored in SQL lite DB, can we see soon a good local SEARCH function on N900 ?

4) Will Java be implemented by Nokia or only by Community effort ?
thanks for the reply,
SkyEagle

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SkyEagle For This Useful Post:
Hi, I'm from NuevaSync. We like to maintain compatibility with all Exchange-capable device types, and although the N900 does work with our service (we've always had protocol version 12.1 support), there have been a few random issues reported by users. In order to investigate and fix these, I am now the proud owner of a new N900. Even better, I've been able to reproduce one of the problems users have reported. However, I want to be sure that I'm running the latest version of the N900 MfE client. So far I confess I have not found any way to update the device's firmware (PC Suite doesn't want to do so because it doesn't like something about the SIM in the phone). So, a quick question : 1) what's the current MfE version? 2) how do I find the version number from the device ? 3) how would I update MfE if there were a newer release ?

Thanks much for your help.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dboreham For This Useful Post:
Posts: 75 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Gilbert, AZ, USA
Unfortunately, there hasn't been any firmware or MfE update since the initial production firmware release... so, unless you get some backdoor testing firmware from Nokia, you'll have to wait like the rest of us.

Originally Posted by jsharper View Post
Unfortunately, there hasn't been any firmware or MfE update since the initial production firmware release... so, unless you get some backdoor testing firmware from Nokia, you'll have to wait like the rest of us.
That's fine. We're used to inventing creative solutions to work with the devices in the field, even when they have bugs. I did want to be sure that we wouldn't get to the end of the work and discover there had been an update available all along. So you've answered my question, thanks.

I have been trying to sync with my Google calendar and getting a 'server not responding' error. I saw a message somewhere (i thought in this thread) that defining a new calendar could fix that.

I can confirm that, by doing it with a new calendar, I now have two-way syncing with my Google calendar.

Many thanks to whoever posted it wherever it was!

Rgrds

Peter

By the way - the error messages, such as the server one, flash up and disappear so quickly, that it is easy to miss them

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by dboreham View Post
That's fine. We're used to inventing creative solutions to work with the devices in the field, even when they have bugs. I did want to be sure that we wouldn't get to the end of the work and discover there had been an update available all along. So you've answered my question, thanks.
As per the recent post on maemo-community, some members of the community have a later firmware now:

http://maemo.org/community/maemo-com...mantle_pr_1-1/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
As per the recent post on maemo-community, some members of the community have a later firmware now:

http://maemo.org/community/maemo-com...mantle_pr_1-1/
After 3 years in this community, I'm still amazed by the intaraction Meamo has with the community.

Excelent news and thanks for the info.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!