Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by MetalSer View Post
I'm not sure whether this is tru. I do see the entire microB experience. To see this; disable autorotate in microb and then I use shortcud to enable rotation. Then I get the landscape menu, but then in portrait
Oh, wow, thanks. Well that solved that bugger for me then. Now I know what not to use in auto-rotate.

Now if only that code could be implemented to the MicroB. Maybe by forcing the browser to disable its own portrait and making a switch, that'd use the Ctrl+Shift+R automatically, just like in Settings-panel?

EDIT: Hmm. It seems to be so, that it doesn't work always. I opened the browser, pressed the shortcut (Camera adjusted for that) and I got the new portrait only once per session. Buggy, I'd say?

Last edited by rantom; 2011-02-14 at 21:59. Reason: Minor update.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
could someone tell me plz if theres a way to see which version actually is installed.

the settings -> about menu still says 20.2010.36-2
Code:
$ dpkg -s mp-fremantle-community-pr | grep Version
Version: 20.2010.36-2maemo11

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
@ rantom

For me it actually works every time. Maybe check your settings again.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
You have to enable it for every new window, I believe. Since, you know, each new window opens with whatever the 'default' rotation settings are. (I'm fiddling with it now, and I'm not getting consistent rotation either, but I'm not actually connected to the internet, so maybe there's something like a "one per page loaded" rotation bug, or something. *Shrug*)

As for making something autorotate, you have to fake key presses - that's how shortcutd does it. (This is also why if you use the enable rotation shortcut in quick succession, you can see "Caps Lock On" come up. Because the OS sees two shift key presses closely together - where-as normally it simulates the ctrl-shift-r combination and then 'unpresses' the keys fast enough that the second press of shift isn't counted with the first... or something like that.)

Fake keyboard presses are part of the X window system's normal libraries, though I don't know of any way to run them from the command line. There's an xdotool program out there, but it's not ported from the N900. If you could do it from command line - dbus calls, or by porting xdotool, or some other method I don't know - then you can stick it in dbus scripts or something, and run it upon the opening of a MicroB window.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
just got another update today. it included modest...which is good, as since the last update, my modest crashes and closes incessantly!

hope this fixes it.

and, btw, my about product still says 20.2010.36-2 as well.

oh, and i still no longer have a bottom button to send email.

could have sworn it was there before i did the ssu here.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
My request for a modification to Microb would be to have it open new windows in the background.

The idea of opening a new window would most often seem to be in order to continue working in the present window.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rotoflex For This Useful Post:
@rotoflex,

and then we would continue to tap on what we want open, only to eventually figure out once we minimized in frustration, that we actually did open 50 other windows, showing the powerful multi-tasking ability to run that many windows simultaneously, and finally stop cussing because the damn thing was "working"

lol

The Following User Says Thank You to ceroberts75 For This Useful Post:
the media player widget doesnt work with the new ssu anymore

Please, you can fix the bug of the ovi maps for use the gps offline without internet? Thanks

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade