Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Hi all, hope everyone's doing well. I haven't been online much today, unfortunately received some horrible news that last night my friend, his brother, and their father had died in a farming accident.
Crap, I heard about that all the way in Australia, is that the 3x that died in a slurry pit while trying to save their pet dog?
One of them was an up & coming Rugby player for Ireland, the whole thing sounded so terrible/tragic

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-09-18 at 10:51.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Apart from my condolence for kojacker, I'm a bit confused about an entry: PowEdit.
This app seems to be for the Fremtantle (typo! ) (N900) platform, but from the screenshots it looks like to be for harmattan, but in the announce thread I think it is for fremantle.
Can the developer please clarify on it, thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b0unc3 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Crap, I heard about that all the way in Australia, is that the 3x that died in a slurry pit while trying to save their pet dog?
One of them was an up & coming Rugby player for Ireland, the whole thing sounded so terrible/tragic
Oh you heard about it away out there? That's right, Nevin was a rugby player and played for my county. i can honestly say that he, his brother, and their father were some of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet. His mother Essie is devestated, as you can imagine, but atleast her daughter is back home again now from hospital

Originally Posted by b0unc3 View Post
Apart from my condolence for kojacker, I'm a bit confused about an entry: PowEdit.
This app seems to be for the Fremtantle (typo! ) (N900) platform, but from the screenshots it looks like to be for harmattan, but in the announce thread I think it is for fremantle.
Can the developer please clarify on it, thanks.
Sorry b0unc3 the confusion is most likely mine as i rush through the submissions, that's why you all need to be paying attention to what im doing I think it's for Fremantle, I'll check I have the right screenshots...

Edit: yep, those are the screens I received. It might be just the emulator or whatever they were grabbed from. I wish those pesky kids would return my N900 so i can try these out...

Edit2: marmistrz replied to my email to confirm that PowEdit is for Fremantle, he just makes all his apps with a 'Harmattan-style'

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-09-18 at 17:14.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Oh I know something you all don't know (yet)

If you haven't done so already, please follow the advice in this post and link your TMO and maemo.org accounts together. You might need the karma very soon...

For voting in the council elections you need a minimum of karma, I think it's 10. It's a small amount, to show you are an active user and not a spam bot. If you haven't done so already please link your talk.maemo.org account with your maemo.org profile.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Link_talk.maem...mo.org_profile

It takes a couple of days so best to do it earlier

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Oh I know something you all don't know (yet)

If you haven't done so already, please follow the advice in this post and link your TMO and maemo.org accounts together. You might need the karma very soon...
Sorry for the OT post, it is somewhat related to the prior post though. Wondering if you got any idea with this.
I look through the email archive of a discussion a partook in & maemo.org labels me as Jed Frechette.* (05/07/07)
I'm sure I rego'd with maemo.org at the same time as I rego'd for TMO (26/10/09), possibly before, but I no longer have login details.
I'm wondering if maemo.org is just wrongly labelling me as Jed Frechette & I never rego'd, or I rego'd under something else
I guess it makes no sense that's me, as there's little chance I'd be with maemo.org for so long & not have rego'd with ITT/TMO.
But surely I've rego'd with maemo.org at some point!?!
I know all the emails I could've used (I think), so maybe admins can look me up using them?
And what are you teasing about WRT you knowing something we don't (yet)? tease!

*I often use pseudonyms so that could be me, although I dont recall ever using a pseudonym like that.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-09-19 at 01:03.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Sorry for the OT post, it is somewhat related to the prior post though. Wondering if you got any idea with this.
I look through the email archive of a discussion a partook in & maemo.org labels me as Jed Frechette.* (05/07/07)
I'm sure I rego'd with maemo.org at the same time as I rego'd for TMO (26/10/09), possibly before, but I no longer have login details.
I'm wondering if maemo.org is just wrongly labelling me as Jed Frechette & I never rego'd, or I rego'd under something else
I guess it makes no sense that's me, as there's little chance I'd be with maemo.org for so long & not have rego'd with ITT/TMO.
But surely I've rego'd with maemo.org at some point!?!
I know all the emails I could've used (I think), so maybe admins can look me up using them?
And what are you teasing about WRT you knowing something we don't (yet)? tease!

*I often use pseudonyms so that could be me, although I dont recall ever using a pseudonym like that.
Hmm jalyst, or should I say Jed ... I don't have any idea about that to be honest. If you've tried looking through the site profile/settings/'forgot password' link/searching your inbox for the maemo.org registration email... then maybe the only ones that have access to the information that can help you with that are reggie/site supervisors or possibly the council.. sounds a bit weird

Oh the tease is that voting has been set up, the emails will be sent out shortly

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Sorry to interfere but jalyst, looking thru the profile of Jed it seems as the TMO account isn't linked...

So why can't you just make a new Maemo.org profile and link it to your TMO account? You have more than sufficient karma to run for Council/Board too so why fret? The 39 karma Jed has is insignificant to you anyway

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Sorry to interfere but jalyst, looking thru the profile of Jed it seems as the TMO account isn't linked...

So why can't you just make a new Maemo.org profile and link it to your TMO account? You have more than sufficient karma to run for Council/Board too so why fret? The 39 karma Jed has is insignificant to you anyway
Yes I know it isn't linked, I probably never linked mine...
Just thinking maybe I did some stuff at maemo.org*, so I'd like that to count towards my TMO acct once linked.
But it's probably going to be too time consuming to determine if that or something else is mine.
And as you point out, if it is Jed it's not going to add too much to the overall count...
Think I'll just create a new one, maybe later I can hit-up the admins for a thorough search, & if we find something we can link that to my TMO acct instead.

*can't have been much at all, as surely I'd remember!

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
If i understand the rule i can't update KhtNotes until vote are made ? When it ll occur ?

As i ve some fix, but also a new feature.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Lol just got my vote token while writing

So 7 days

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas