Active Topics

Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
@jalyst and others

Could you please stop quoting abill_uk as there are many of us that have her on the ignore list and don't want to read her messages, tia.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
It seems quite unrealistic that the three major operators in Australia, plus operators in Norway, Sweden, China etc. would take on the N9 if Nokia were only producing 92,000 units.

I just can't see the operators wasting their time (and marketing budgets and retail space) on the N9 if this production number is true, so I highly doubt it is.

Eldar has been throwing this number around since the N950 got canned, and in terms of the N950 it's a much more believable tale.
Nail on the head...
On light of all the telco roll-outs in at least a dozen countries.
Plus retailer availability in those countries, & a greater subset of countries.
Sniff-sniff, I smell FUD, oh wait no it's just Eldar.

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
I used to want the N9 to be released so I could get my hands on one. Now I just want it to be released so this thread can die.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
<SNIP>
Well feeding these trolls have gone long enough anyways. Time to use that ignore button for once.
But I just can't resist the temptation, ABill's too lovable

Originally Posted by afaq View Post
This 92 units rumour is to get attention. What will Eldar do once Nokia is no more/joins Microsoft?

Has anyone completed a hardware comparison between N9 and Searay? or done a feasibility study of putting Harmattan on Searay? (who wouldnt want a physical camera button?).
First Nokia WP (703) IIRC is no more exciting than the N9 (apart from cam button), perhaps less so.
Slightly smaller screen, similar anemic specs etc.
The much beastlier ones won't be announced until MWC next yr, maybe later.

Qualcomm based SoC's though, I don't think Nokia's done any work internally for that?
There's some base software (still quite crude I think) in place for Qualcomm for the Meego (proper) project.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
I used to want the N9 to be released so I could get my hands on one. Now I just want it to be released so this thread can die.
It won't necessarily die. OP can simply remove the '[NOT]' from the title, and we will carry on regardless. Then we can ask some of the 92 people lucky enough to own an N9 about their experiences.

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gryedouge View Post
Anyone been reading qgils remarks over at meego?

http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=3598
Yeah I have... I recall most of his comments.
Are you referring to some of his remarks about meego's future?
They were mostly pretty damn vague if you ask me.
Not very re-assuring at all, in fact if anything they weren't.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Hmmmm as much as i want to believe you i can not for the simple reason Elop is in charge now but i totally agree with you on the waiting bit because there is no way i will buy the N9 personally for myself.

I actually think Maemo could have been a lot lot better than it was finally left and a great shame on Nokia for not even getting close to a finishing point but that is Nokia for you.
I don't believe Nokia under Elop will be a lot less consumer friendly. And alienating customers with an expensive, buggy "high-end" phone without support is the worst thing Nokia could do. I think they did learn from the Nokia N96 and N97 and won't repeat that in the N9.

btw. I said that I MAY be waiting a bit. If they haven't cut too many features that were present on a vanilla N900, the device is mostly stable and not over 450 euros, I will buy one at launch. Otherwise i will probably wait a bit.

I think Maemo is a great OS, with a lot of original features, that Nokia should be very proud of. MeeGo harmattan is supposed to be the "improved version", we will see when the N9 launches.

What I don't understand is why you are so active in a N9 topic if there is "no way you will buy the N9 personally for yourself."
I think you are tempted !! Come on admit it, the device looks good

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
It won't necessarily die. OP can simply remove the '[NOT]' from the title, and we will carry on regardless. Then we can ask some of the 92 people lucky enough to own an N9 about their experiences.
Ehehehe, oh stop it!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
I just hope to get one before i die...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????