Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Много русских поевилось вдруг. Well, higher density concentration of us in one thread than is usual.

Anyway, thank you for the changes. I struggled a bit to fully understand the line you added, "[ `id -u` -ne 0 ] && sudo $0 $$ exit"... but I think I got it - it tests the user id, and if it's zero, then that line doesn't continue being executed. If it is not zero, it then executes itself (since the name of the command called is $0) with sudo, and then if it got that far then it runs exit afterwards, to avoid executing the entire script over again.

Neat. Changes integrated into my local copy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
anyone please help in decryption of the code with john the ripper..or any other way

root:Ex3.1g2AS4Q.g :

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
@Mentalist:
And now?
What?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
@Mentalist:
And now?
What?
would you kindly help me in decrypting this code

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by sanjay View Post

Do it yourself by following this post + the two posts above it...

N.B. that post is just 2 above your original one; you have been around long enough to know to read first...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sanjay View Post

@sanjay, install recoverlock_0.5 after in the terminal enter:
Code:
recoverlock
then you will receive the lock code.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tiran For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Furthermore to add to Mentalist's explanation (which I totally agree with), I like to add that I also will not help anyone recover his lockcode withot showing at least a minimum of proove of "this N900 is my belonging" (which has been a habit here, but seems to be forgotten).
I completely agree, it would be a shame if a members device was stolen and cracked via here.
I was happy to help people with a fair post count but not members just signed up with only one post here.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Well, I was uber stupid and forgot my lock code. >.< Reflashed and I was at least able to get back into the device. But I could not get my code back (the mtd1 hack was of no use here: the code is now encrypted...).

But the libraries in charge of device locking have an interesting trait: write **** to the lock code area of where it is stored and it will be reset to 12345.

Attached is a program that will do just that. Warning: It is writing to a very critical part of the N900. I will take no responsibility whatsoever if it messes up your N900. It worked for me (i.e. I was able to reboot fine and change the code fine. Multiple times, actually. I tested quite a few times.) but I cannot ensure it will do the same for you. Use at your own risk.

It disables the autolock upon bootup, writes **** to the lock code area, brings up the control panel applet from which you MUST change it from 12345.

Run as root, prefixing it with run-standalone.sh.

Kindly tell me how to use this file

Originally Posted by antezz View Post
Here you go:
Hello, I have just purchased my n900 from a second hand source 3weeks ago, and have been trying to find my way through it.
i am having issue with the code which has been changed from the default 12345, i have gone through many post trying to decode the phone lock myself but i havent been lucky with it.
I hope you can help me in this forum please as i can you have helped some people in the past.
The far i have been able to go so far is getting this code which i hope will help root:G44n/JZ0YNUbs
please help me out.
Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by hxka View Post
I accidantally did it.

You can run it by executing `recoverlock' or `sudo recoverlock' by user or root.
Thanks for this post, but i yet have a problem concerning installing recoverlock, i tried to install it and i got the response --- unable to install 'recoverlock' application package missing: john
tell me what to do please, i have tried earlier before finding this post but cant find a way to install john d ripper.
Alternatively you can help me out by decrypting the lock code root:G44n/JZ0YNUbs
Thanks so much in advance

Tags
devicelock, nokia n900