Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
For the screen orientation, there is actually no need to bother with the JavaScript example.
Thanks again for your Help. I was now finally able to upload it to the ovi store. I hope it goes thru the QA testing without problems...
My todo list is still long, I hope I'm able to improve it furthermore and port my other stuff also to Harmattan. I have still my TcpIpKeyboard project I'm eager to finish.
Sadly I have currently the problem that I perhaps need a small side job, so fewer and fewer time for my hobby.

Currently not the best time for the fun of coding and creating. But thats perhaps live!

Any updates from zehjotkah or texrat?

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
The competition is still running?

Originally Posted by piggz View Post
The competition is still running?
No, mh, but I uploaded now the new ClipMan version anyway. The Nokia OVI QA will take also several days. It's quite different compared to the N900 version and I'm sure currently are the most developers not really aware of the rule to don't update the software until the voting has finished. I guess this is impossible for so a long time.
By the way I participated only with the N900 and the MeeGo tablet version at the competition. So uploading a Harmattan version now should be fine for everyone.

I never thought the voting could take that long... but we have no company running this competition and this are hard times for the community. Hope is the last thing to die!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
This really really makes me sad

What about using a ready-made poll system, to choose a name for calligra office, we used the following system

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/civs/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to piggz For This Useful Post:
What about using a ready-made poll system, to choose a name for calligra office, we used the following system

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/civs/

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by piggz View Post
Thanks piggz, I haven't known about this service.

Basically a good idea. But on closer examination this is a different company, and to use this voting system we would have to deliver all emailadresses from the maemo.org users to cornell.edu - I'm not sure if this could cause a lot of trouble for us.

What if this organisation will sell this valuable, verified Userdata to a spam hoster? [sigh]

Perhaps we should take the risk and setup a poll there before christmas. But perhaps we should wait until St Nicholas' Day if zehjotkah is able to setup a poll on a own system.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I think it's got to the point where it would be better to Just Do a poll somewhere (whether a forum poll, or the system piggz linked to, or surveymonkey, or whatever), rather than worrying too much about vote rigging and only accepting votes from people with a certain account lifetime or karma. If you use the forum poll feature, if you make it open so you can see what usernames voted, that could help guard against vote rigging.

Last edited by pelago; 2011-10-13 at 08:45.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
A update from Zehjotkah would be nice...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Hi, I'm still here!

Sorry for the lack of updates.
After the Intel Elements I was sick for one week and this week I got a promotion to a new job. Have to do much more so I can't be online on tmo at work.

To be clear: I won't give the email addresses of the forum members to any third party service. I wouldn't want this to be done with my email address, so I won't do it with the ones from others.

I've met the developer of the website some days ago and his wife is getting better. At the moment I'm waiting for his answer when he can start setting up the voting process.

Trust me, I'm as eager as you finishing this project. Currently it's the only project in my life which feels somewhat unfinished. ^^
Also I feel bad having all your money on my PayPal account.

Thanks a lot for your patience and again sorry for being so slow.

PS: I still don't understand why we're not allowed to use the maemo.org servers and voting process^^

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:

Tags
coding, community, competition, contest, development, intel, meego, meetmeego, nokia