Notices

Originally Posted by gianko View Post
yes, automatic switching of layouts works for me,
im using navit.xml in the directory /etc/navit which comes with the package.
You must have made some tweaks to that file, right? It does not work for me at all. Would you mind posting your navit.xml here? I would liek to try it if it solves my issue (i tried comparint /etc/navit/navit.xml with my version but they are just too different to work meaningfully with diff).

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
i edited the mapset line with my path for the osm map, and the line
<vehicle name="Local GPS" profile name="car" enabled="yes" active="1" source="maemo>"

then copied to ~/.navit

i noticed also an issue, full screen mode is not in the menu now, and the osd button for fullscreen also is not working.

Last edited by gianko; 2012-11-29 at 11:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
fixed fullscreen issue

in my OSD.xml was

<osd enabled="yes" type="button" x="-60" y="220" command="gui.fullscreen()" src="gui_fullscreen.png"/>

i changed in

<osd enabled="yes" type="button" x="-60" y="220" command="gui.fullscreen=!gui.fullscreen" src="gui_fullscreen.png"/>

and the button is now working, also i can see the fullscreen option in menu

Originally Posted by gianko View Post
i edited the mapset line with my path for the osm map, and the line
<vehicle name="Local GPS" profile name="car" enabled="yes" active="1" source="maemo>"

then copied to ~/.navit

i noticed also an issue, full screen mode is not in the menu now, and the osd button for fullscreen also is not working.
It is actually

<vehicle name="Local GPS" profilename="car" enabled="yes" active="1" source="maemo">

:-)

But thanks. I compared the files and found out that I was using the Droid font for night layout and so it failed. Now it works. I attach my navit.xml as usual. I also increased the size of icons in the internal menu so that it is more touch-friendly (even though it sometimes does not fit onto the screen). I also removed lots of POI as they made the map cluttered, especially in the cities.

UPDATE: I slightly edited the file even more so that now it diffs nicely with the official version and also it should now benefit from the recent patches to navit regarding more efficient routing. I also adjusted the size of the icons.
Attached Files
File Type: zip navit.zip (25.7 KB, 146 views)

Last edited by sup; 2012-12-02 at 14:03. Reason: updated navit.xml

The Following User Says Thank You to sup For This Useful Post:
Posts: 101 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Stuttgart, Germany
I just built a new package of the latest navit code (r5278), which contains a few bugfixes (among other things):

* http://trac.navit-project.org/ticket/1081 (missing speedcams)
* http://trac.navit-project.org/ticket/1040 (better waypoint handling)
* http://trac.navit-project.org/ticket/985 (wrong scale)

A heads-up: The navit developers plan to remove support for building navit with autotools:

http://wiki.navit-project.org/index.php/Main_Page

This will break our build process for the n900. I am pessimistic that I get that build process fixed for the n900, I tried before but failed and I think a substancial amount of time (or experience?) is needed to convert the build process to cmake. I do not remember the exact issue anymore, which made the cmake build attempt failing.

I.e. it is very likely that I cannot provide updates to the navit packages on bokomoko.de anymore, when the navit developers remove autotools support.

I hope they postphone that for a few months.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rdorsch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rdorsch View Post
I just built a new package of the latest navit code (r5278), which contains a few bugfixes (among other things):

* http://trac.navit-project.org/ticket/1081 (missing speedcams)
* http://trac.navit-project.org/ticket/1040 (better waypoint handling)
* http://trac.navit-project.org/ticket/985 (wrong scale)

A heads-up: The navit developers plan to remove support for building navit with autotools:

http://wiki.navit-project.org/index.php/Main_Page

This will break our build process for the n900. I am pessimistic that I get that build process fixed for the n900, I tried before but failed and I think a substancial amount of time (or experience?) is needed to convert the build process to cmake. I do not remember the exact issue anymore, which made the cmake build attempt failing.

I.e. it is very likely that I cannot provide updates to the navit packages on bokomoko.de anymore, when the navit developers remove autotools support.

I hope they postphone that for a few months.
Nice. Waypoint routing works now. Normal routing and shortest works as well. Avoiding tolls does not work for more 150km distances (and supposedly more) - I think it is this ticket

BTW: I tried according to this wiki page to set the size of xs_icons to 48, but navit ocmplains that

Code:
gui_internal:image_new_scaled:Failed to load image for 'country_FR' (w=48, h=48)
Are you compiling with
Code:
--enable-svg2png-scaling=8,16,32,48,96
--enable-svg2png-scaling-flag=8 16 32 48 96
--enable-svg2png-scaling-nav=8,16,32,48,96
? Or is the problem somewhere else?

You can do an

$ apt-get source navit

then you should get the source and the build directory.

Then debian/rules contains the configuration

# scale all gui icons
DEB_CONFIGURE_EXTRA_FLAGS += --enable-svg2png-scaling="16 24 32 48 64" \
--enable-svg2png-scaling-flag="16 24 32" \
--enable-svg2png-scaling-nav="16 32 48 64"

I never changed that. Can you explain what the three parameters are doing and what settings you are recommending?

Thanks.

You can do an

$ apt-get source navit

then you should get the source and the build directory.

Then debian/rules contains the configuration

# scale all gui icons
DEB_CONFIGURE_EXTRA_FLAGS += --enable-svg2png-scaling="16 24 32 48 64" \
--enable-svg2png-scaling-flag="16 24 32" \
--enable-svg2png-scaling-nav="16 32 48 64"

I never changed that. Can you explain what the three parameters are doing and what settings you are recommending?

Thanks.
As the wiki page I linked above says, you can set the size of the icons in internal menu (where one sets targets and so on) like this:

Code:
<gui type="internal" icon_xs="32" icon_s="96" icon_l="96" />
I have tried this settings as bigger icons are touch-friendlier. However, it does not work with flags as they are not scaled due to the compile options you are using. If I understand it correctly, each number in "--enable-svg2png-scaling-flag="16 24 32" (in this example 16, 24, 32) causes icons of corresponding type (16x16, 24x24, 32x32) to be generated. It would inflate the size of the package, but I do not think that would be such an issue.

I think that:
Code:
DEB_CONFIGURE_EXTRA_FLAGS += --enable-svg2png-scaling="16 24 32 48 64 72 96" \
                             --enable-svg2png-scaling-flag="16 24 32 48 64" \
                             --enable-svg2png-scaling-nav="16 32 48 64 72 96"
would be sufficent for me. I would compile the packages myself but I hav enever recompiled anything for N900.

Then navit is not a good package to start with.

Here is the changelog

Code:
navit (0.2.0+dfsg.1-1maemo1~5278.1) unstable; urgency=low

* Build with more icons
    $ diff rules~ rules
    25,27c25,27
    < DEB_CONFIGURE_EXTRA_FLAGS += --enable-svg2png-scaling="16 24 32 48 64" \
    <                              --enable-svg2png-scaling-flag="16 24 32" \
    <                              --enable-svg2png-scaling-nav="16 32 48 64"
    ---
    > DEB_CONFIGURE_EXTRA_FLAGS += --enable-svg2png-scaling="16 24 32 48 64 72 96" \
    >                              --enable-svg2png-scaling-flag="16 24 32 48 64" \
    >                              --enable-svg2png-scaling-nav="16 32 48 64 72 96"
    $ 

-- Rainer Dorsch <dev@bokomoko.de>  Sun,  2 Dec 2012 12:36:08 +0100

The Following User Says Thank You to rdorsch For This Useful Post:
Then navit is not a good package to start with.
Yeah, I figure so. Thanks a lot, bigger icons work now!

Tags
navigation, navit, nokia n900, openstreetmap