Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ london
it was the same case for pr 1.3 for the n900, it was a long time coming but it eventually came... so i don't see a reason why pr 1.3 for the n9 shouldn't to come, it will happen eventually... and if not oh well lol

Last edited by mohi2k7; 2012-06-17 at 01:07. Reason: typo

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
What makes you so sure?
I mean they've hinted countless times that their gear's coming to Harmattan imminently.
It's just so hard to believe them, given how often they've hyped & then shown very little.
Yeah but they did show it on a MeeGo device and they gave a nice little demo, and it won't be hard to go from there.

They seem to be focused on supporting all the Linux platforms (Tizen/MeeGo) Seeing as the N9 is the only Commercially released device is makes sense for them to release this for it. A reasonably large user base compared to Tizen and other MeeGo distrubutions

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Originally Posted by dumpystig View Post
...end of May.....

...end of June....

bollox
Maybe you should read this thread a little more? A developer got an email from Nokia pretty much confirming PR 1.3 is coming, it's just going through beta testing

The Following User Says Thank You to Dared For This Useful Post:
i still would rather use meego over tizen anyday.. unless they changed the homescreen to not look like android lol

if nokia doesnt want to support meego why dont they sell it? seems like they are getting rid of everything.. meego, symbian, vertu, 10,000 eymployes, etc

im waiting patiently for 1.3, and if it doesnt come then.. oh well. a lot of new phones are coming out, and two new OS's are coming. i probably wont ever sell my n9 still

Last edited by stratax; 2012-06-17 at 03:49.

In all honesty, from what Arie and others have said, PR1.3 is either a relatively small deal or a partial regression. Given that, I'm not so fixated on whether or when the N9 gets it. If PR1.3 does come out, I'm not gonna load it until all of the developers of the key apps and mods I use have upgraded those programs. I am pretty happy with my N9 status quo, so I'm gonna be pretty risk avoidant with PR1.3, which sounds like more risk than reward at the moment.

I am in agreement with people talking up BB10. It looks goooood to me, assuming RIM gets this latest OS + device to a store near me. That BB10 UI is pretty much a full knock off of the N9 plus Android apps, so I'm interested--and the little innovations RIM previews are cool, too.

All the new stuff seems pretty good to me, so none of us will suffer. That's the good news--we have lots of options.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by mohi2k7 View Post
it was the same case for pr 1.3 for the n900, it was a long time coming but it eventually came... so i don't see a reason why pr 1.3 for the n9 shouldn't to come, it will happen eventually... and if not oh well lol
PR1.1 & PR1.2 for N9 came more quickly than they did for the N900.
So I don't mind of there's a big delay for the final one, in fact, I prefer that there is.

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Yeah but they did show it on a MeeGo device and they gave a nice little demo, and it won't be hard to go from there.
They seem to be focused on supporting all the Linux platforms (Tizen/MeeGo) Seeing as the N9 is the only Commercially released device is makes sense for them to release this for it. A reasonably large user base compared to Tizen and other MeeGo distrubutions
Maybe, I just have a hard time believing anything they say, they have little credibility left.
I'll take closer look at that video, I haven't actually looked at it yet, thanks.

Originally Posted by Dared View Post
Maybe you should read this thread a little more? A developer got an email from Nokia pretty much confirming PR 1.3 is coming, it's just going through beta testing

Yup, Marxian's post 100% confirmed it, we just don't know when exactly.
Sounds like only a matter of days or weeks though....

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-06-17 at 08:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
There has not been any official confirmation (post only suggest that there might be some internal testing going on), due to latest news it might even be that PR1.2 will be the last official release. But we can always hope that miracles happen.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
That correspondence with Marxian sounded like a pretty clear indicator to me that a release is imminent.
But given everything that's happened in the last few days, it's not out of the realm of possibility that the plug's pulled.
Unlikely though IMO, then again, it's been a very odd couple of days, it could always get weirder...

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-06-17 at 08:39.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
There has not been any official confirmation (post only suggest that there might be some internal testing going on), due to latest news it might even be that PR1.2 will be the last official release. But we can always hope that miracles happen.
The recent news of nokia sacking 10K of people is true, but the meego team should be gone only on August so we still got few months time if i got this right.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
rainisto you don't have any inside track on this?

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert