Active Topics

You were right - update to Sailfish 2 took a while, but went without an apparent hitch.

Cheers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
@pichlio

After your suggestion im in the same situation than before, lets see with the new update.

The Following User Says Thank You to strobovalo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
It was mosen's suggestion, not mine. And sorry it didn't work.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
It was mosen's suggestion, not mine. And sorry it didn't work.
I am only repeating "Best of TJC" in hope it helps.
Also sorry it did not in your case!

Not wanting you to do a factory-reset just to try out but that would be my last attempt before giving up and calling HW fault.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
I am only repeating "Best of TJC" in hope it helps.
Also sorry it did not in your case!

Not wanting you to do a factory-reset just to try out but that would be my last attempt before giving up and calling HW fault.
Yes factory reset is my last option but this is not a HW fault, is after 1.1.9 with a correct update, people is talking about a pre update for 2.0 called eineheminlampi too, ill wait to this update and see.

Thank you for your interest.

The Following User Says Thank You to strobovalo For This Useful Post:
Eventually fixed by replacing the battery. Original, 2 years old for a new HTC Desire 310. No problems at all for over a week and counting.
My joy was short-lived. Less than a month has passed since that post and random reboots came back, with the new battery. Yesterday I took the phone out of the pocket to see it rebooted and stuck on the "enter SIM card PIN" screen three times. And the day before that too.

It does not usually happen in the shirt pocket, but is guaranteed to happen in the trousers pocket. So I assume vibrations caused by walking (or maybe flexing) have something to do with it. I cleaned the contacts again and as a last resort, will try the paper to prop up the battery. If that does not help, then goodbye Jolla, I cannot afford to have a phone I cannot rely on.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
My joy was short-lived. Less than a month has passed since that post and random reboots came back, with the new battery. Yesterday I took the phone out of the pocket to see it rebooted and stuck on the "enter SIM card PIN" screen three times. And the day before that too.

It does not usually happen in the shirt pocket, but is guaranteed to happen in the trousers pocket. So I assume vibrations caused by walking (or maybe flexing) have something to do with it. I cleaned the contacts again and as a last resort, will try the paper to prop up the battery. If that does not help, then goodbye Jolla, I cannot afford to have a phone I cannot rely on.

I am a little bit confused: to me it sounds normal that if the phone reboots, it will be "stuck" on enter SIM card pin, because that is a normal security check after every reboot (provided you have SIM card pin check enabled)

Reboots due to battery loose may be fixed by the paper prop up. It worked pretty well for me. Polar Cell battery however did not require this yet as it seems to fit just a little bit tighter.

If you get SIM card pin requests when phone is not rebooted:
Is your phone from end of 2013 batch?
Did you ever have your phone repaired for sim holder issue?
If so you better have it repaired for SIM holder issue first before ditching it.

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH

After cleaning the contacts I put a small drop of contact fluid on each of them. I also gently touched the pins (on the phone) several times with a toothpick to ensure the movement is free. I did not experienced any reboot since ages (read: lots of months).
Note that I do not use the paper trick any more.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
@ste-phan, sorry if I confused you. What I meant to say, who knows how many times the phone silently rebooted in my pocket before. If you keep your home screen clean, and I usually do, then you may not even notice. Only now that I set up a SIM card PIN, the reboots are more visible because of that extra screen.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@Jordi
I was also plagued by frequent reboots, but after moving the pins up-down several times it is now gone since several months!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post: