Notices

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by 412b View Post
It's related not to FileIndex, but to FLACTags.
I'll take a closer look to make a patch )
Thanks for your help.

Meanwhile, version 2011.05.08 made it to extras-testing and features the icecast radio directory.
SHOUTcast works, too, but is rather limited due to legal issues.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post
@ pycage
Is there a way to output a crash log of some sort?
Yes, you can run MediaBox with option -vvv from the command line.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Thank you for this great app!

Development suggestion: When you're using FM Transmitter and pause the playback, Transmitter turns off after a moment. Would it be possible to make it turn on automatically when playback is started again?

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Originally Posted by zimmerit View Post
Thank you for this great app!

Development suggestion: When you're using FM Transmitter and pause the playback, Transmitter turns off after a moment. Would it be possible to make it turn on automatically when playback is started again?
I think the duration of the FM transmitter is a function of whether or not Bluetooth is enabled (i.e. whether or not you have a headset connected). If MediaBox can't put a toggle switch in the interface? I know it has one in the menus, but it is the same as operating it from the status menu. You have to go through FM Txer -> On checkbox -> save. Not the most finger-friendly approach for the car.

pycage, what about something like the on-off buttons in Firefox Mobile on the display.

Unfortunately, the current state of the display, at least on my N900, if there is an image embedded in the audio file, it grows to use all available space. That said, I did a really quick mock-up of what said button might look like. I may do a better one as time allows, but this could give you the idea:

Thoughts?

--vr

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Any Diablo updates in the wind?

N800, just downloaded MediaBox for the first time. Looks beautiful. However, I'm not able to play any videos with it due to my inability to navigate to them. I have a couple of videos encoded and stored on an SD card (they will play with the built in media player), but they don't show up when indexing and I can't find them thru the MediaBox GUI. I have MPlayer installed, and the same videos play fine thru MPlayer and also KMPlayer. Would really like to get MediaBox working because it looks great.

Please help. I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

Thanks!

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Originally Posted by ee_gary View Post
N800, just downloaded MediaBox for the first time. Looks beautiful. However, I'm not able to play any videos with it due to my inability to navigate to them. I have a couple of videos encoded and stored on an SD card (they will play with the built in media player), but they don't show up when indexing and I can't find them thru the MediaBox GUI. I have MPlayer installed, and the same videos play fine thru MPlayer and also KMPlayer. Would really like to get MediaBox working because it looks great.

Please help. I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

Thanks!
Hmmmm...IIRC it should have scanned the SD card for all media at startup....

Anyway, to manually scan a folder on your SD card:

From the Home(Shelf) screen,

click on Storage & Media (might have to click twice)
click on filesystem
scroll down & click on media
click & hold SD Card
- Click Scan for Media

or drill down to the specific folder on the SD card
click & hold then scan

You can also add specific folders / files to the Shelf for quick navigation.

Hope this helps

Snoshrk

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Hmmm, that's pretty much exactly what I tried. It "scans" the directory (very quick, < 1 sec) and reports there are no playable files. I forget the exact wording. The directory actually contains 2 video files that are playable using the standard N800 video player.

It's almost like the "scan for media" function isn't working correctly (or isn't set up correctly).

Any thoughts, ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by ee_gary View Post
Hmmm, that's pretty much exactly what I tried. It "scans" the directory (very quick, < 1 sec) and reports there are no playable files. I forget the exact wording. The directory actually contains 2 video files that are playable using the standard N800 video player.

It's almost like the "scan for media" function isn't working correctly (or isn't set up correctly).

Any thoughts, ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
@gary - Try this: Click on the "home" icon. Click two times on "settings". Click two times on "media indexing". Finally, click on "Look for new media now".

Last edited by Den in USA; 2011-06-21 at 19:32.

@Den - Yep, tried that. Scans for media (done almost immediately), and doesn't find anything. Tried some mp3 files, just in case it didn't like the video files. Still didn't find any media. Tried copying the mp3 file from the SD card to the N800 itself, in case it didn't like the SD card. Still didn't find any media.

I can navigate to the folder, but get the message "folder contains no media".

Appears it is the media scanner that isn't working. Is this a separate download? Is there some mysterious "enable" option that I didn't set?

Thanks!

Tags
mediabox, pycage rules