Posts: 92 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto, Canada
Originally Posted by Ssergio View Post
I did succeed in a first syncro with Google Mail+Calendar, but any following syncro was impossible! I always keep receiving a "Exchange Server is not responding" message!
Sergio
What I have found since using this, is that Google will only let you sync 1 or 2 times a day, so any other syncs will not go through and will give that error.

I have found my sync works in terms of pulling from online and a bit to go back up for the calendar, but the contact changes I make only seem to come off the server. It is not a big deal to me now though, I can deal with editing them in TB/Gmail for a little while.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto, Canada
Been looking into this issue and reading the entire thread piece by piece for a few days, so now I have caught up I have a few things to say.

1. Thank you vitaly, It is great you are spending time working with us and asking what we want from this service. I really hope more maemo devs do the same, and if they do, I will be sticking with maemo for a long time (this is why I love running linux in general).

2. I really hope you guys get Google sync working at some point. I voted in the link you posted, and I really hope it happens. I have access to an exchange server that I could use, but gmail is too convenient (Things may be different if I had 3g and was always on).

3. I really hope there is a way you can get the managers to release some of the source for MfE, even if it is not the whole thing. I wont be able to do anything with it as I cant code to save my life, but I can run tests and post logs as requested (and will do so if MfE gets open sourced and people need it).

The Following User Says Thank You to canabal For This Useful Post:
I've been using Mfe and GMail, and for the most part they work well (I've had to give up trying to set up Yahoo mail). Anyhow, I may be doing something wrong or not finding the right settings, but
- is there any way in which I can tell how many unread messages in each mailbox on the main screen (without having to go down into the mailboxes which take 30 secs to load)?
- when a preview notification shows up, I click on it and it takes me to the message. Super. But then I can't delete the message! The garbage box is greyed out. I have to go into the mailbox to delete the message. Is there any way to delete from the preview?

Posts: 320 | Thanked: 763 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Espoo, FInland
Originally Posted by THavoc View Post
Anyways: thavoc at gmail.com. Thanks in advance.
Done. Check your mailbox at gmail, pls.

Vitaly,

I just want to thank you for participating and listening. THIS is what Nokia could do more of - to make maemo take giant leaps ahead of its competition. Listen to complaints, use the customer's voice as a tool inside the organization to inform the right decisions, and then address the issues in order of priority. One of the best threads I've seen so far on maemo.org. Thank you once again.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gadgety For This Useful Post:
I understand that Tasks are synced as well. That is great. If I've got Tasks Categorized, will those Categories be synced as well?

Thank you!

Will mfe 2003 bug be solved at next update? Has any1 have any idea about that?

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by jacktanner View Post
How can one debug MfE syncing problems?
1) Install syslog (see http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/.../maemo5/syslog ) and reboot
2) Open X Terminal
[optional steps begin]
2A. Enter "sudo gainroot" (to do that make sure that you have installed "rootfs" from the Application Manager)
2B. cat /dev/null > /var/log/syslog
[optional steps end]
3) Provide the output the following commands:
gconftool-2 -s --type=int /apps/activesync/AsDaemon/Syslog/MinLogLevel 0
gconftool-2 -s --type=int /apps/activesync/modest/Syslog/MinLogLevel 0
gconftool-2 -s --type=int /apps/activesync/AsProvider/Syslog/MinLogLevel 0
gconftool-2 -s --type=int /apps/activesync/AsBackup/Syslog/MinLogLevel 0
gconftool-2 -s --type=int /apps/activesync/asapplet/Syslog/MinLogLevel 0
gconftool-2 -s --type=int /apps/activesync/AsStatusApplet/Syslog/MinLogLevel 0
4) Attach the file /var/log/syslog from the device to this bug (if needed, copy it first to the section that is visible in the File Manager: cp /var/log/syslog /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/ )

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by lostndumb View Post
Will mfe 2003 bug be solved at next update? Has any1 have any idea about that?
Exchange 2003 does work in PR1.1 (the next feature release). See https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5597 .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Gadgety View Post
I understand that Tasks are synced as well. That is great. If I've got Tasks Categorized, will those Categories be synced as well?

Thank you!
If you mean sync with Google, then no, Google itself doesn't support sync of Tasks. For example, see bottom of this page:

http://google.com/support/mobile/bin...&answer=147951

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!