Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Here's a few early screenshots of the new cuteTube QML UI:

My website

GitHub

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
Originally Posted by marxian View Post

one word : sexy .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elie-7 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
New screenshots looks very nice indeed !

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
It looks great!

I like the UI style: clean and simple.

Happy new year for you marxian, keet it up man!

The Following User Says Thank You to lsolano For This Useful Post:
Posts: 222 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Finland

Good stuff - I guess you are getting a decent framerate as well?

'QmlReddit' reads Reddit!

Originally Posted by vivainio View Post
Good stuff - I guess you are getting a decent framerate as well?
I'm doing most of my testing in QMLViewer on my desktop machine, but on the occasions when I've tested on the device, everything's been really smooth. Asychronous fetching and loading of data is very easy using QML. It feels like cheating. I haven't written any of the C++ code yet. I'm going to finish the UI first, and implement as much as possible using QML.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Look pretty slick....but have you looking into displaying the thumbnails in grid format rather than top down w/ description on the right. I dunno....i feel like the thumbnails display is limited and a lot of space is taking up just for description alone on ONE single page.

Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
Look pretty slick....but have you looking into displaying the thumbnails in grid format rather than top down w/ description on the right. I dunno....i feel like the thumbnails display is limited and a lot of space is taking up just for description alone on ONE single page.
I don't like the icon/grid view. The stock media player offers it as an option, but I never use it. It doesn't provide enough space for the text fields.

My website

GitHub

I don't like the icon/grid view. The stock media player offers it as an option, but I never use it. It doesn't provide enough space for the text fields.
Is there any chance of getting the "reconmended for you" thing in there? I know alot of us only go on youtube when we're bored n it would be good especially if u can't think of anything to search for? Plus its another good feature init!

Originally Posted by natedog400 View Post
Is there any chance of getting the "reconmended for you" thing in there? I know alot of us only go on youtube when we're bored n it would be good especially if u can't think of anything to search for? Plus its another good feature init!
The YouTube API doesn't provide access to that feed atm. It has been requested, so it could be included in the future.

My website

GitHub

Tags
youtube