Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
One gripe I do have is the status bar. When you double tap into the start screen/home screen, you see the clock and your Wi-Fi status showing. Why not also show the battery info to the right of the clock? .You could also show the network status just below the battery%

I just don't see the point in hiding the clock, network status etc.
My N9 had billboard showing battery status so I could see at a glance.The jolla requires me to double tap and then swipe just to check my battery.

p.s. I have fed this back to Jolla support team too.
Because they are switching display off completely (or the backlight at least) to save battery, and i like that!
Barnabas Collins

Last edited by kollin; 2013-11-30 at 08:28.

Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
Here is another 3D adroid game video: http://youtu.be/0zfrjUJed_w
It seems to be hard to play with one hand.

I add that its not me.

Last edited by Mikkosssss; 2013-11-30 at 09:06.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mikkosssss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by kollin View Post
Because they are switching display off completely (or the backlight at least) to save battery, and i like that!
I know that. I'm not talking about the lack of a lock screen. I'm talking about the inital home screen after you double tap . It just shows the clock and wifi, why not show the battery status too,there is room to the right of the clock.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Mikkosssss View Post
Angry Birds works fine with Jolla. Installed and played it last night

Yesterday before installing Angry Birds the Yandex.Store started to be unstable in many ways. It crashed randomly. I could fix that by closing all other apps (Sailfish apps). After that Yandex.Store didn't crash but it was giving errors when I tried to see details of Android apps or my account. I fixed this by reinstalling Android support via Jolla Store.

Last edited by att; 2013-11-30 at 08:59.

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by Mikkosssss View Post
Thanks for that.

It strikes me that nobody is raving about getting XMPP video call to work (a feature that came with the N900 as if it was natural),

XMPP (Android app of choice): is the hardware accessible: camera, microphone: do calls work?

SIP calls (Android app of choice): is the hardware address correctly how good is the call quality over Wifi and 3G if it must.

Ok Android apps may be running laggy according to gizmogadget &co. But a core communication application like SIP can't be that heavy on this hardware even running on a virtual layer.

Am I such a minority outcast to assume that I use my "smart"phone primarily to extend the functionality of the 90's mobile phone and that I use my PC as a gaming platform?

Are we all still loyal bill payers to mobile phone operators? No SIP no XMPP? No Skype video call even?

Anyone of the kind Jolla users / makers out there listening?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ poor Slovenia
I'm still waiting for My Jolla but few things I'm missing already
- I can read there is no RSS or Facebook or Twitter notification on events screen?
- and nobody mentioned a SWYPE on keyboard?

Thanks!

I know I could wait until my Jolla is here, but perhaps someone has already tried this: Will the last.fm scrobbler app work or will it fail to catch the songs the Jolla media player plays? (And if so, would an android music player app work or will they have trouble communicating in the sandbox?)

The Following User Says Thank You to Ozymandias For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
There are twitter and facebook event notifications. This is also a twitter feed but I can't get the facebook feed working but it will take you to your facebook account feed via the browser.

I don't use RSS.

There is no native Swype Keyboard. There is a Swype style keyboard on yandex but yet to try it as i would rather install proper swype.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I know I could wait until my Jolla is here, but perhaps someone has already tried this: Will the last.fm scrobbler app work or will it fail to catch the songs the Jolla media player plays? (And if so, would an android music player app work or will they have trouble communicating in the sandbox?)
Interested to hear about this as well... probably one of the first few things I'd poke at if/when I get the phone.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
What are your settings that you're using? And you do know that Outlook.com can be setup with IMAP, right?
yes i know i can setup it with imap but i then cant sync my cal and contacts so i try to setup it with exchange as it works fine on ios

email: my email address
username: my email address
pw my pw
server: i have tried with m.hotmail.com and snt-m.hotmail.com and dub-m.hotmail.com

no errors but it just won't sync

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience