Active Topics

Right folks, just flashed the new UK PR 1.2 and New vanilla eMMC and messages were both sucessful, very quick, painless process, and booting the n900 up now *Rubs hands*

Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
i have the vodafone variant of 205.1 and i'm gonna flash my device for the first time this evening (up until now, never had to). what i wanna know is can i just flash to pr1.2 or do i have to flash pr1.1 first?

Also is the correct firmware variant to download?
RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1.203.1_PR_COMBINED_203_ARM.bin, PR 1.2 version 10.2010.19-1 Latest Maemo 5 UK release for Nokia N900
Thanks,

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by cpitchford View Post
Did anyone doing a FOTA get stuck at a black screen after the download finished? Mine isn't responding.. that could mean it is doing something.. or something bad has happened..

what have been the FOTA experiences so far? How long did it take, for example
Mine went fine, even though used cellular to download.

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by nathaneous View Post
i have the vodafone variant of 205.1 and i'm gonna flash my device for the first time this evening (up until now, never had to). what i wanna know is can i just flash to pr1.2 or do i have to flash pr1.1 first?

Also is the correct firmware variant to download?
RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1.203.1_PR_COMBINED_203_ARM.bin, PR 1.2 version 10.2010.19-1 Latest Maemo 5 UK release for Nokia N900
Thanks,
If you are using the flasher utility, you can go straight to PR 1.2 from any previous version. All the RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1*.bin images are PR 1.2, the only difference is their `localization`.

The Following User Says Thank You to zwer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Just updated OTA in London, had a weird glitch when it re-started, just after the Nokia agreement bit. Left it for 10 minutes, still no joy so re-booted and working fine so far, PR1.2 and fingers crossed no issues.
* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
I wasn't talking about application manager, I was talking about application launcher (the app menu) which was supposed to be also searchable via typing letters in menu.
I have the same experience too but wasn't too bothered though I think after a bit it is going to be needed!

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
If you are stymied by the 64-bit windows 7 incompatibility with the flasher, download an Ubuntu live cd. Put the .deb and the RX-51 file on a memory stick, reboot into Linux with the live cd, and follow the instructions for installing with linux.

You can install apps into Ubuntu after booting with the live cd...they just disappear after you shut down. And the USB ports should be working as well. I believe other distros work the same way, so pick whichever flavor you like best.

Who knows...we may get you to switch over to Linux from the dark side when you see how well it runs on your laptop...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rmerren For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Catacylsm View Post
Right folks, just flashed the new UK PR 1.2 and New vanilla eMMC and messages were both sucessful, very quick, painless process, and booting the n900 up now *Rubs hands*
Booted up straight away, phenominal!

Awesome job nokia,
Awesome job community,

Meego, get screwed .

The Following User Says Thank You to Catacylsm For This Useful Post:
one question. is it possible if i flash my device which is a US device with a non US firmware?

Just wondering if im the only one yet to see any system update in the application manager. I am in the UK, could this be due to having Vodafone as a carrier? could anyone let me know how to check on this? TIA