Active Topics

it's funny , i always had a little resentment towards meego, because it killed off maemo, but now it's like 'come back meego all is forgiven'

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to leetnoob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dublin
With all those xbox owners around the world.. having a mobile gaming platform will be a huge draw.

Microsoft have been hesitant to make a handheld themselves so i would take a guess that any new Nokia Smartphones will be aimed at the gaming market too.

As long as they keep the chat funtionality that my N900 has i'll be ok with it.

Those who are having a strop right now should grow up..

The Following User Says Thank You to Faustino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
Copy / pasted from engadget:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/11/n...ing-this-year/

"Under the new strategy, MeeGo becomes an open-source, mobile operating system project. MeeGo will place increased emphasis on longer-term market exploration of next-generation devices, platforms and user experiences. Nokia still plans to ship a MeeGo-related product later this year."

Jo Harlow, new exec in charge of Smart Devices, will grab the MeeGo reins in addition to responsibility for Symbian Smartphones and and Strategic Business Operations.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cBeam For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by cBeam View Post
So, why do you not simply state your point instead of asking questions that can't be answered?
Why do you ask questions when I've obviously stated what exactly I was looking for in the first place? If you have the answer, then answer. Otherwise, which part of "what are you comparing it to outside of opinion" makes my question so very hard to comprehend?

If you state that you know the sales of WP7 and call it a flop, yet you don't know what the sales of the N900 are... then what are you comparing it to outside of your gut feeling(s) and/or opinion?

Savvy?

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Nokia's official press release:

http://www.4-traders.com/NOKIA-6468/...ture-13558600/

Meego is not altogether abandoned.

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 321 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland (Turku)
Yep, the head of MeeGo devices is gone. Big win for Google, all of this. Nobody buys WM7 devices.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stonik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Seriously guys, what's so wrong about a Nokia Smartphone with Windows 7? For me, this is the best of both worlds. Maemo never worked right (I only mention the epic PBAP fail, not to mention many other issues), and who knows if Meego would. At least Windows is an established platform.

Well, I like it anyway. No need to get harsh now though, guys! ;-)

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dublin
And some good news for MeeGo at last

With Nokia’s planned move to Windows Phone as its primary smartphone platform, Symbian becomes a franchise platform, leveraging previous investments to harvest additional value. This strategy recognizes the opportunity to retain and transition the installed base of 200 million Symbian owners. Nokia expects to sell approximately 150 million more Symbian devices in the years to come.

Under the new strategy, MeeGo becomes an open-source, mobile operating system project. MeeGo will place increased emphasis on longer-term market exploration of next-generation devices, platforms and user experiences. Nokia still plans to ship a MeeGo-related product later this year.

In feature phones, Nokia unveiled a renewed strategy to leverage its innovation and strength in growth markets to connect the next billion people to their first Internet and application experience.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Why do you ask questions when I've obviously stated what exactly I was looking for in the first place? If you have the answer, then answer. Otherwise, which part of "what are you comparing it to outside of opinion" makes my question so very hard to comprehend?

If you state that you know the sales of WP7 and call it a flop, yet you don't know what the sales of the N900 are... then what are you comparing it to outside of your gut feeling(s) and/or opinion?

Savvy?
I assume you mix me up with someone else. I never compared Maemo sales numbers to WP7 sales numbers. Relax.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
This is yet another wake up call to the FOSS community of how fragile our existence could be if we ignore the bigger picture.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:

Tags
bye-nokia, i don't even, just shoot him, just shoot me, let's elope, lockdown, meego?fail, negatron dan, nokia defiled, nokia suicide, sell tulips, step 8 out of 5, the-end?, www.elop.org