Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by marrat View Post
I hope that satellite will not crash into the N9 production facility...
Hmmmm you have a point there

Brazil
China
Finland
Great Britain
Hungary
India
Mexico
Romania
South Korea
China
Finland
Germany
India
Attached Images

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-09-23 at 16:23.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Abu Dhabi , UAE
"If you don't know why I don't want to release N9 in specific countries, don't call me a tyrant."- S.E
Oops,that was a bad joke.

Last edited by govprog; 2011-09-23 at 16:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to govprog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by govprog View Post
Actually N9 is available in our stores today. You heard right, OUR stores. Seems like that nokia knows where to strike first
P.S: Will get my hands on ASAP.
P.P.S: And I won't forget to share my first experience with my friends here too.
Sorry, but without pictures or a link there is no reason for us to believe this. (And I don't know you so I can't take your word for it)

Originally Posted by momcilo View Post

Which entities will be able to define the polices:
  1. Nokia
  2. Service Provider
  3. Company
  4. Government
  5. End user
Nokia should be able to set the default policies, overriding those should only void the software part of the warranty unless you overclock.

The service provider should only be allowed to limit what sim is allowed, nothing else, and should be required to unlock the phone at the end of the contract period.

Government should only be allowed control of things like frequencies and transmitting power nothing else.

Company and/or End user, that is whoever owns the device, should be allowed to override everything except sim and frequencies.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vaskinn For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Jalyst can play the naive youngster about to get hit by some sort of meteor to gain some super power in the traditional sense.

But if this is a reboot of the (superhero) franchise, then they're more likely to pick a wiseass realist protagonist like Dan (yeah, Ramos), because polls show that modern audience prefers something more 'gritty' and 'real';

whatever the f that means.
uɐɯ ǝɹǝɥʍɥou ɐ ɯɐ ı

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Abu Dhabi , UAE
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Huh?
That site says nothing about it being available from the 23rd?
I have called them. They said that we have it in stock. If they have faked the availablity then I'm going to smash my head against the wall.
Noooooooooooooo!

Last edited by govprog; 2011-09-23 at 16:47.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to govprog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
Instead Nokia considers NFC as mean to perform some trivial things like device pairing.

At the moment it looks like blackberries and androids are the only able to provide such features.
Thats NOT true. first of Nokia n9 IS NOT marketed in countrys where NFC MAY be will be used as payment. same goes for android but vise versa android will not have NFC payment in northeuropean.

the problem with nfc and payment is not related to phonemanufactors instead its relatedd to crappy banks in western world and also the carriers (they wantt the sec framework in simcard) so problem is instead how to standard it.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Not too keen on NFC payments myself. My financial details are vulnerable enough as it is, without providing yet another mechanism via which they may be obtained by criminals. Not to mention all the other personal information that resides on a phone. Count me out.

My website

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
we need an app for this thread:

import QtQuick 1.0
import QtWebKit 1.0
Flickable{
width: 800;
height: 600;
contentHeight: webview.height;
WebView {
id: webview;
url: "http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1094671";
preferredWidth: 800;
preferredHeight: 600;
smooth: false
}
}

OR:

echo -e "import QtQuick 1.0\nimport QtWebKit 1.0\nFlickable{ width: 800; height: 600; contentHeight: webview.height; WebView { id: webview; url: \"http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1094671\"; preferredWidth: 800; preferredHeight: 600; smooth: false; }}\n" > tmo.qml && scp tmo.qml root@your_phone_ip:/opt/

TODO: add filter to completly remove Quotes made by Abilll_uk from people who reply too his posts

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-09-23 at 18:38.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Interesting stats on phone owners loyalties to their brands:

http://www.gsmarena.com/ubs_study_sh...-news-3171.php

How faithful will N9 owners be to NOKIA

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Is anyone taking bets for the N9 release date. I'd like to bet 100 euro on august 2030

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????