Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Read the few comments below the vid! The developer replies to the numerous questions on whether it will be for the N9.
I know that, I mentioned that in my 1st post about them, I linked directly to her comment:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...91#post1222891
I've posted follow-up comments that probe further & which -unsurprisingly- haven't been addressed.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-06-19 at 05:43.

Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
trolololololo???

edit:
http://www.nokia.com/us-en/products/...-for-business/

Last edited by HtheB; 2012-06-19 at 06:35.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
^Yeah been in the US for about 1mth now, but not open slather availability in the retail channel, locked into only one major (& by all accts 2nd-tier) retailer.
But like many regional Nokia websites where the N9 & Lumias are offered, the N9's almost totally hidden from view, & geared as "the perfect business partner".
All which combines to seem like a clear attempt to marginalise it even further... Not that it even matters, given how late it was made available...
Still, at least it IS officially available there now, better than nothing... I guess....

Any English translation or can you summarise? TY.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-06-19 at 10:19. Reason: typo

From Nokioteca.net:

"Secondo quanto riportato in una mail proveniente dal Nokia Support (vedi qui) inviata all’utente marxian, autore dell’applicazione cuteTube, presto sarà rilasciato un nuovo aggiornamento firmware per il Nokia N9. Se verrà rispettata la cronologia finora usata, l’update dovrebbe essere numerato PR 1.3 e porterà migliorie e novità al sistema che al momento sono sconosciute.
Del firmware update PR 1.3 per il Nokia N9 vi avevamo già parlato in questo articolo diversi mesi fa, riportandovi un tweet del direttore delle applicazioni di MeeGo in Nokia che lo aveva definito come “un piccolo ma utile (o prezioso) aggiornamento”.
Molto probabilmente questo update non sarà l’unico che migliorerà le funzionalità dell’unico device MeeGo di Nokia. Di recente, infatti, anche noi di Nokioteca abbiamo avuto una soffiata da parte di un responsabile di Nokia Italia che ci informava dell’esistenza del firmware in oggetto ma anche di quello numerato PR 1.4.
A quanto pare Nokia continuerà a supportare il device ancora per molto tempo, nonostante tutte le risorse siano ormai rivolte quasi esclusivamente ai device Lumia con Windows Phone. A dimostrazione di ciò c’è anche una nuova pagina dedicata al Nokia N9 sul sito di Nokia US (vedi qui) che potrebbe far pensare ad una sua eventuale commercializzazione anche oltre oceano."

As reported in an email from the Nokia Support (see here) Marxian sent to the user, application author cuteTube, soon to be released a new firmware update for the Nokia N9. If history will be respected so far used, the update should be numbered 1.3 and PR will bring improvements and innovations to the system that are currently unknown.
PR 1.3 firmware update for the Nokia N9 we had already discussed in this article several months ago, bringing you a tweet from the Director of the applications in Nokia Meego that had defined as "a small but useful (and valuable) update."
Most likely this update will not be the only device that will improve the functionality of the one of Nokia Meego. Recently, in fact, we at InsanelyMac we had a tip from a head of Nokia Italy informed us that the existence of the firmware in question but also that numbered PR 1.4.
Apparently Nokia will continue to support the device for a long time, despite all the resources are now directed almost exclusively to the device with Windows Phone Lumia. To demonstrate this, there is also a new page dedicated to the Nokia N9 on the Nokia U.S. site (see here) that could suggest a possible commercialization overseas.

used GT, but it's pretty accurate
The French blog just borrows the info from the italian source above

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to taviman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
This is all really interesting tbh

The Following User Says Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 192 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Austin, Tx
I wonder how its a perfect business phone if it doesnt have MS office type apps and support

They only needed Nokia to get one vendor to get phones into the major markets. Samsung had Wp7 and Android, but they weren't "committed" to WP7. But give a company $10B and they can move some handsets. Nokia did this by not selling the N9 in major markets.

Microsoft has tons of money still and they of course farm it out. I don't get why Nokia 808 announcement has to compete with the MS tablet announcement but they did.

Maybe Elop isn't as cozy with MS as we thought? LOL.

Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by captainofiron View Post
I wonder how its a perfect business phone if it doesnt have MS office type apps and support
hmmm accourding to the Nokia N9 bussiness website it does....

From the website:
Your office on the go

It’s easy to open email attachments and view PDFs and office documents like Microsoft® Word, Excel and PowerPoint, including word processing, presentation, chart and spreadsheet files in Open Document formats.

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
symbian according Elop was a burning platform that inconsistency. WTF? I do not understand this man

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Forget about PR1.3, nokia phones or mini tablets. This is the new tablet size!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3Kzp...feature=fvwrel

I want the new microsoft mega trablet and a great wine.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert