Originally Posted by demolition View Post
@Pali & others helping this along.
Is there a changelog, or even a summary for those still running v46?

Also, is it ok if someone not on the dev or core testing teams posts (i.e. someone like me) in that "ask the council" thread about what estel asked for? If they're being slow, for good reason possibly, the request should be out in the open.
- I assume this is the reason v47 isn't showing on the package page that gets linked to by FAM's package link button?
AFAIK pali already got admin rights on kernel-power garage page - Tigerite wrote about this - but i wonder if pali himself noticed that Anyway, using fapman, I got information about upgrade to v47 available, even before. I think that now power-kernel v47 can be finally promoted into -testing, and later, into -extras.

Originally Posted by VENTO
So... Will I save it like "script.sh" and run it in terminal?
Or just copy&paste And don't worry, THIS one won't try to kill Your device... It adds faulty module to blacklist.

/Estel

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Not sure if this is related to v47 but my Nokia BH-214 bluetooth headset doesnt work properly on the first connection. I have to disconnect and reconnect it to work properly.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Poland, Częstochowa
Originally Posted by rajil.s View Post
Not sure if this is related to v47 but my Nokia BH-214 bluetooth headset doesnt work properly on the first connection. I have to disconnect and reconnect it to work properly.
my bh-214 is weird (or it's really problem with kp47) sometimes after call (normally mp3 resumes playing), my resumes too but music is cutting. I need to reset bh-214 and sometimes turn off and on bluetooth.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
AFAIK pali already got admin rights on kernel-power garage page - Tigerite wrote about this - but i wonder if pali himself noticed that Anyway, using fapman, I got information about upgrade to v47 available, even before. I think that now power-kernel v47 can be finally promoted into -testing, and later, into -extras....
/Estel
Thanks Estel. Must have missed Tigerite's post. If it's not in this thread, please post as to its where abouts.

Regarding the package appearing in an app-man: what I meant was that v47 IS showing in FAM (fapman) but IS NOT listed on the Power Kernel package page. Happily, Pali is listed as a maintainer on that same page, so it may just a matter of time till v47 is displayed on the package page. Without it showing in the package list, I don't think v47 could be publicly tested by power users (i.e. via extras-testing) and hence not able to make it to full extras. Unless it's listed on another page in the package lists?

This info you mention about v47, does it include any docs such as a summary changelog, feature synopsis or list of known issues?

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by Vento View Post
So... Will I save it like "script.sh" and run it in terminal?
Do like you want, obviously this command line can be saved as a shell script, but I don't see any interest here, since when you have launch it one time, you didn't need it anymore ...

A++

Originally Posted by Erazor View Post
when joikuspot stop working.
try this

Code:
modprobe JoikuSpot_Bouncer && /usr/bin/joikuspot
works fine for me
I get a segmentation fault from joikuspot when i try this.

Originally Posted by rajil.s View Post
I get a segmentation fault from joikuspot when i try this.
try to add

Code:
JoikuSpot_Bouncer
in

Code:
/etc/modules
now restart the N and test

Code:
modprobe JoikuSpot_Bouncer && /usr/bin/joikuspot
again.

good luck

Hello

I have kinda weird problem with my N900.. Ive installed kernel-power and now the USB-port is broken so I cant flash the original PR1.3 at all, only kernel.

So, the problem.. well, when I uninstall the kernel-power using the instructions on wiki, everything goes well except I still have this stupid message at startup saying "unexpected boot.. kernel setting NOT loaded" etc.. so how can I get rid of that message once and for all without computer and USB-port? The device now has original PR 1.3 kernel and works fine at 600MHz etc, but the message is there everytime when the phone "crashes"(like when battery goes out). Ive tried installing the power-kernel again and uninstalling but the message is still there..

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by fffiretys View Post
Hello

I have kinda weird problem with my N900.. Ive installed kernel-power and now the USB-port is broken so I cant flash the original PR1.3 at all, only kernel.

So, the problem.. well, when I uninstall the kernel-power using the instructions on wiki, everything goes well except I still have this stupid message at startup saying "unexpected boot.. kernel setting NOT loaded" etc.. so how can I get rid of that message once and for all without computer and USB-port? The device now has original PR 1.3 kernel and works fine at 600MHz etc, but the message is there everytime when the phone "crashes"(like when battery goes out). Ive tried installing the power-kernel again and uninstalling but the message is still there..

Thanks in advance!
Remove kernel-power-settings?

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Remove kernel-power-settings?
Doesnt work, it says something like "kernel-power-setting not installed - not removed " .. or do you have some commands to give me, Im no linux-expert.. :/

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou