Notices

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by Brian_7 View Post
Hi Saturn, did you find where is the issue?.
Sorry couldn't think of anything more.

Digitalvoid is experimenting with other ways to send the SMS. Maybe that will help people with the issue. It would be nice to understand why it fails though..

In general, we are both really occupied at this moment in time and things go a little bit slow. If anyone has a patch to propose is welcome.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by OperationNT View Post
Hello everybody,

I installed SMSCon (with its editor) on my device and try it little bit. I have one issue and 3 questions (requests).

My issue is that when my front camera starts, the image is very dark and it takes about 3 seconds to become "viewable" (I can see this when I start video calls). When I try to use the functionality in SMSCon for send a picture from the front camera, it seems that it starts camera and take a picture without any wait time. So the image I get from e-mail is only a black rectangle. Is it possible to set a wait timer at camera start before the picture is token ?

My 3 questions are for a steal case :
- Is it possible to add a functionality to delete all personnal information (contacts, received SMS and calls, registered accounts and e-mail addresses) ?
- Is it possible to add a functionality to get by SMS all information saved on phone (thief's contacts and called numbers) by SMS and e-mail ?
- To be more discrete with the "Call Me" functionality (avoid callings proof when the thief receive its bill), is it possible to add a functionality which automatically answer to next call without ringing ? (when you have unlimited calls on another phone, it could be useful and the thief couldn't know he is spied)

Thank you for your answers .
Hi,

Can't do much about the front camera. It seems it is a limitation of the N900. Other people have tried too to make it get the proper adjustments before getting a picture but haven't reached to something usable.

The first two requests you could fullfil with a script but in the correct place (i.e. /opt/smscon/smscon_script). Check also this thread for info on delete commands that you could place in this script: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=69518

The third request unfortunately cannot be done as it requires access to closed source components of Maemo.

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Sorry couldn't think of anything more.

Digitalvoid is experimenting with other ways to send the SMS. Maybe that will help people with the issue. It would be nice to understand why it fails though..

In general, we are both really occupied at this moment in time and things go a little bit slow. If anyone has a patch to propose is welcome.
You can use "smssend" to send sms via command line.

Thank you for your answer .

I will try to create a script which can do what I want. But the 2 first functionality must be done by different scripts (or same script with some arguments to switch between states "Destroy everything" and "Get some personal data by SMS and e-mail").

Do you see a way to switch between those states ? (maybe by the possibility to execute a command line)

In addition, there is something I don't understand about command line by SMS. When you set this possibility in the configuration file, it seems to be a single possible command line. Am I right ?

Originally Posted by OperationNT View Post
Thank you for your answer .

I will try to create a script which can do what I want. But the 2 first functionality must be done by different scripts (or same script with some arguments to switch between states "Destroy everything" and "Get some personal data by SMS and e-mail").

Do you see a way to switch between those states ? (maybe by the possibility to execute a command line)

In addition, there is something I don't understand about command line by SMS. When you set this possibility in the configuration file, it seems to be a single possible command line. Am I right ?
You might think of a better way but a simple one is to have/create a dummy file somewhere you know. The script can chech for its existance and if true then execute the delete part. Else will zip and send the files you want to spy.

Yes, I think the dummy file solution is the simpliest way: if the dummy file exists, delete all personal data and the dummy file, else send all contacts and calls by SMS.

The script delete part seems easy (following the topic you give me). But the SMS send part seems more difficult to perform.

I think calls are saved in "/home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db". But I cannot find the file where contacts are stored. In addition, my SQL knowledge is very limited...

It's not this topic purpose so maybe I should ask help in another topic.

Thank you very much Saturn for your help .

It's not properly working for me. Test sms and email work fine.

The phone sends me sms when I insert a non allowed card, I can use the "check" command, and it sends me the full command list to my phone but I can't get anything else working. Front cam picture, remote calling, remotepower off .... are not working.

I might be doing something wrong but I can't find anywhere a detailed guide about its use.

I am running latest smscon and editor

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Hiya guys,

I'm having problems getting SSH working and I was wondering if people would be able to help me. I've checked the log and it reports a ping error and that it couldnt connect to my ip, so i did a ping in xterm and sure enough, it doesnt get a response (100% packet loss).

The thing thats confusing me is, the server is definately up and running as I can VNC to it, but its not responding to any pings - why could this be?

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by kaos_king View Post
Hiya guys,

I'm having problems getting SSH working and I was wondering if people would be able to help me. I've checked the log and it reports a ping error and that it couldnt connect to my ip, so i did a ping in xterm and sure enough, it doesnt get a response (100% packet loss).

The thing thats confusing me is, the server is definately up and running as I can VNC to it, but its not responding to any pings - why could this be?
OK i sorted this, damn windows firewall. Disabled it and i can get a connection now.

However im still unsure how to connect to the n900 once its connected to my windows 7 box running ssh server. I tried afew connections in putty but couldnt really get anywhere. Im new to ssh, any guidace would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ New Delhi, India
i installed SMScon and it asked me for a password on installation... it is not accepting this password and has someplace stored the rouge password and even if i try and reinstall i cant set a new password... any help?