Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
it will be released 1 day after to the iphone 5 ( my prediction )

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by xerxes2 View Post
TBH, I think that quite a few Meego devs, both paid and unpaid, are not very happy with Nokia after elopocalypse and with the N9 not even beeing released yet makes it even worse. Hopefully things can only get better from here but the future of Meego at Nokia is still very clouded. And with apps.formeego.org still not working we have no centralized place to put the free apps anyway. To me it looks like the N9 will be available in shops before the community repo is up so nokia store might be the only way to install apps which sucks terribly. I don't want to be a party crusher, just saying so people know what to expect if you buy a N9 in the coming weeks.

Edit: Just to clarify, you can of course install packages manually with dpkg or clicking on them in the browser.
Thanks for the answer and I understand not being happy.

But don't throw a hissy fit like some angry child and sequester yourself away from public commentary and/or updates in a manner that makes the people that weren't picked to develop on the N950 and anticipating the Nokia N9 stay in the dark for the most part.

Just to sound my typical snarky way, just imagine that 200+ people were given N950's despite being angry at Nokia, they share very little (unless you know who to bug or where to look) and still are upset at Nokia... hell. Give me one, I would have turn evangelist if I had dedicated that much time to learning Qt Quick/QML and whatnot.

But I wasn't picked, so I await the N9.

So yeah... pissed off at Nokia is fine and dandy. Don't punish the people without the N950/N9. We're just a curious, 7000+ post in a thread reading group of folks that actually want the N9 and the N950 developers to bust out some incredible stuff.

Or it's to the OMAP4 Atrix 2 for me.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Spoken with authoritah.
I totally read that in Cartman's voice.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I already rely on MeegoExperts to keep me posted. I fear you people don't understand how fractured and hard to find - unless you really dive deep and/or know who is working on something (read: memorize the damn Wiki or follow a ton of Twitter accounts) - each time I search Youtube for N950, it's a terminal screen or something that seems to be exciting to everybody but me, people commenting and I'm sitting there thinking "ok... now what?"

Case in point... big buttons, changes color, plays music, doesn't seem finished (of course).

Sounds like WP7.

Not what I'd call impressive. Where are the 3D games? Where's the alternate browsers? Where's the bookmark solutions? Where's the innovation? Where's the drawing tools? Where's... well, you get the point.
My gut tells me that there will be lots of good quality apps, including browsers, for Harmattan and I don't think that you will miss anything essential. About games I've no idea as they're mostly done by big companys targeting the most popular platforms which may or may not include Harmattan. I wouldn't hold my breath for that many high end games showing up on harmattan though.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I totally read that in Cartman's voice.
Now read this line in Cartman's voice...

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
It has NOT been released as we speak now and i know that for sure.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
One guy has the N9, we don't know how. 200+ people have the N950, barely hear a word.

Worst handling of a release... ever.

I have found out that I might be getting mine through Mexico at a much lower price than I anticipated.
Hey i'm in the US, can u hook a cracker up ?

Originally Posted by xerxes2 View Post
My gut tells me that there will be lots of good quality apps, including browsers, for Harmattan and I don't think that you will miss anything essential. About games I've no idea as they're mostly done by big companys targeting the most popular platforms which may or may not include Harmattan. I wouldn't hold my breath for that many high end games showing up on harmattan though.
Not knowing now, makes it hard to do my research to avoid a purchase that doesn't suit me.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Attached Images

Originally Posted by scapegoat845 View Post
Hey i'm in the US, can u hook a cracker up ?
I'm also in the US. But there's a serious connection I have in Mexico City. More on that in a bit when I get concrete answers.

The price has started at 12,000 Pesos - around $878 USD - and now has dropped to like 7,000 Pesos - around $517 USD.

I have no idea what the final price is, but let's just say I have a very reliable connection that I honestly didn't even think about tapping up until two weeks ago.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@gerbick: If you get any savings by ordering more units (fee for the guy, shipping cost, quantity discount, whatnot); I'm game for one too... (black, 64gb). Not that I'm looking for any discount... but I'd like to get one, if it's beneficial to the order somehow.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????