Active Topics

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Well this blows.

I think I've just encountered the too good to be true fix with Xkbd.

Hey Nick, simple favor request.

If you have Xkbd working, can you test and see if the ' and " keys work in Xterm, Notes, or whatever?

I'm not getting any output from them now.

I was so relieved to no longer be constantly dickering around with the whole Caps Lock method work around from before.

It looks as though we're probably back to square one on this.

D'oh! You're right, some keys are misplaced, some others don't produce any output and trying to get = starts an endless line of random keys

The Following User Says Thank You to JustNick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JustNick View Post
D'oh! You're right, some keys are misplaced, some others don't produce any output and trying to get = starts an endless line of random keys
Well that's just crap! *lol*

Are all of the letters in the alphabet working though?

I'm only asking since the = key works just fine on my end.

Yes, all of the letters work fine... can't give any explanation for the rest of the keys

Well, a couple of days lasted a little longer than what I was expecting but the keyboard that can be used with Garnet VM is available and working like awesome if you have a N800.

You can grab it here:
Xkbd keyboards

Post some feedback if you would on this.

Has anyone ever tried this site?
http://www.goosync.com/

Just curious if this could be a simple solution to syncing contacts, calendar events, etc. without the constant nonsense of syncing with MS Outlook on the computer.

If not, is there perhaps an alternative Palm OS application or web site one could use?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Can some smart person explain WHY Audible books worked FINE with the Garnet Palm emulator on the N800 and N810 and DOESN'T work with the N900?

It's funny that everybody says they will stand behind you when the going gets rough, but when you run into a problem, there's nobody even there to bluff.

(Thanks for the words, Bob Dylan.)

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Can some smart person explain WHY Audible books worked FINE with the Garnet Palm emulator on the N800 and N810 and DOESN'T work with the N900?

It's funny that everybody says they will stand behind you when the going gets rough, but when you run into a problem, there's nobody even there to bluff.

(Thanks for the words, Bob Dylan.)
because the GarnetVM supports only the N800 and N810 and NOT the N900.

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
because the GarnetVM supports only the N800 and N810 and NOT the N900.
There seems to be a memory or storage access bug when running on the N900. Hopefully a N900 specific version will be released without waiting until the current N8x0 version expires.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by gowen View Post
There seems to be a memory or storage access bug when running on the N900.
Seems so. In fact it seems to crash when certain native (arm) PalmOS functions are invoked.

Tags
garnet, palm