Notices

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ United Kingdom
so i would need to get some solder and a short 3.5mm to 3.5mm the one i have is like 2 metres long

i only have like £13 atm lol so i need to make sure i can get everything in

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by azy141 View Post
so i would need to get some solder and a short 3.5mm to 3.5mm the one i have is like 2 metres long

i only have like £13 atm lol so i need to make sure i can get everything in
yes get a short one

don't know if you can fit a plug in the N900 (stock cover).
or do you plan to have a battery on the amp, you can place it under the circuit board of the amp, im still asuming that you buy the board with the chip?

i was gonna try and just get wires coming out from the side of the back cover so its not fully on. and yeah im gonna get the board with the chip the one in the link i gave that you gave,lol. my parents dont give me alot of money so i need to save up to make it proper lol. im only 16. im gonna need like £30-£40 right if i wante the mugen cover+2scuds+amp

Originally Posted by azy141 View Post
i was gonna try and just get wires coming out from the side of the back cover so its not fully on. and yeah im gonna get the board with the chip the one in the link i gave that you gave,lol. my parents dont give me alot of money so i need to save up to make it proper lol. im only 16. im gonna need like £30-£40 right if i wante the mugen cover+2scuds+amp
Yes thats about right, there is the cheaper dual 'christgift' option (2500mAh) but it's up to you.

if i buy the christgist can i use it with the original nokia i have?

Better not - if You connect batteries together, always use same chemistry (OK in this case), capacity, state of charge, and try to make batteries at least cycled equally, if not just new.

Of course mixing types will work, but Your capacity will be limited to 2x less effective battery capacity, and even batteries of exact same capacity, but from different manufacturers, may age differently. It's just a waste of better battery potential.

I understand Your limited budget, but better save for 2x christgift's + mugen cover, than mix one new battery with stock nokia one. More cost-efficient in long term
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Better not - if You connect batteries together, always use same chemistry (OK in this case), capacity, state of charge, and try to make batteries at least cycled equally, if not just new.

Of course mixing types will work, but Your capacity will be limited to 2x less effective battery capacity, and even batteries of exact same capacity, but from different manufacturers, may age differently. It's just a waste of better battery potential.

I understand Your limited budget, but better save for 2x christgift's + mugen cover, than mix one new battery with stock nokia one. More cost-efficient in long term
thanks for your help. i'll just save up and then order the three things when i get enough =D

got my boost converter today.

Input 4v - Idle current 144mA
Output 15.2v

so only 0.5W idle, thats not bad at all.
EDIT: and that connected to amp and speakers.

Next task now is to add it to the BT box, and this time maybe add it inside

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-07-16 at 10:44.

Before anyone ask, for N900 that would be bad. 0.5W is 10% of normal battery, and about ~4% of dual-scud. For hour.

so, with N900 better stick to the 2x3W amp
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
about the PMPO talk, i will just bring these up, i just found on EBAY.

NEW-EVO-LABS-PC-Laptop-computer-USB-Speakers-2-0-280W

The Specs
Magnetically shielded
Build in amplifier
Drive Unit: 3" Speaker
Controls: Volume, Power, LED
RMS Power: 2CH x 1.5W
PMPO: 280W
Voltage: USB powered
Frequence Response: 20Hz-20KHz
Separation: >= 40dB
Size: 78 x 85 x 185MM
S/N Ratio: >= 45dB
THD: =< 0.5%

Here we see 2x 1.5W RMS and 280W PMPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also note that these extreme speakers are able to go down to 20Hz!
But goddamm S/N of over only 40dB?, if this is the case all you will hear is static, my home amp has an S/N beyond 105dB and crappy 80' amps had S/N over 80dB, so 40dB would not be a stat i would post, and i know that it has more....

--------------EDIT-----------------

Just found the same stupid speakers from another seller, but here they claim 600W PMPO!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/600W-USB-C...item4cf894046d

But at least the specs are more honest
Freq response 80Hz-20KHz

NOTE: When powered from USB like these are there is only 2.5W Power to use, this will change when someone makes a USB 3.0 version.... then 7.5W

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-07-22 at 21:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:

Tags
audio, docking station