Active Topics

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Texas
Originally Posted by NokNok770
When you give it a name like "the crack of doom" maybe Nokia will do something. Since it's just a separate piece, maybe nokia can ship us an improved piece and we can snap a new one on.
This is happening too often--Nokia needs to address this.

Originally Posted by Odin
This is happening too
often--Nokia needs to address this.
I agree... I don't just have a crack, I got a piece chipped off. It's ugly.

I haven't had my 770 very long, and it's cracked from the USB port to the power port. I normally associate Nokia good quality. A fix would be nice.

I've had my 770 for 3 or 4 months and around a month ago developed the crack that runs from the USB socket to the headphone socket. I witnessed the thing grow from a very small hairline crack to the very visible crack that it is now. Haven't done anything to the 770 that would warrant this to occur.

This reminds me of a problem Canon had with the G2 Powershot. Took awhile of complaining in the user formum, but eventually Canon owned up to the problem and offered to fix it. Here is a link about it http://www.dpreview.com/news/0204/02...ackcomment.asp

The funny thing about the Canon G2 crack is you actually needed a magnifying glass to see it, but like those here the crack was minor or in some case a piece would fall out of the camera.