Active Topics

Notices

Poll: WHAT BROWSER ARE YOU USING
Poll Options
WHAT BROWSER ARE YOU USING

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
But what script??
I use greasemonkey already but couldn't find a script to fake wider screen on userscripts.org

@casketizer

Maybe http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=43159&page=2

(Google allows one to cyberstalk )

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jstokes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geekgirl74 View Post
no, that's not true I actually made the same mistake the first time I started it... you can open a new webpage either by selecting "Go To" from the menu or by typing Ctrl+g on the keyboard... it's as simple as that
Thanks geekgirl74, i didnt know you could type in the URL and go to other web pages too.

but many a times if a website has a mobile version Macuco defaults to that while opening it. Is there a setting to change that so that it opens the actual website instead of it mobile version

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by anismistry View Post
Thanks geekgirl74, i didnt know you could type in the URL and go to other web pages too.

but many a times if a website has a mobile version Macuco defaults to that while opening it. Is there a setting to change that so that it opens the actual website instead of it mobile version
you can switch between the "iphone" and "default" user agent in the settingsmenu, won't open all sites in desktop default but at least some more...

Tried new settings for Opera
Type Opera:config in the URL
Goto Font
scroll down where you come to 'Normal', there just change default value from 12 to 20. then restart Opera and goto Maemo.org. this will render the initial page very clear almost like MicroB.

you can also tinker with other fonts and few other settings

also check out this for explanation of these settings
opera.com/support/usingopera/operaini/

Last edited by anismistry; 2011-03-15 at 07:01.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
I really prefer the selective zoom from microb. Here in this page for instance:
If i click 2 times in the main thread, it will zoom to the thread only, and will fit perfectly;
If i click 2 times on the reply bar, the reply bar will fit perfectly on the screen;
If i click 2 times in that litle bar at the right side with the new posts, it will zoom perfectly to just that spot;
And I will be able to zoom out or navigate up and down in there without problems.

I just love the microb's zoom. Once you learn how to click only where you want to read, it gets perfect.

PS: I'm on my n900 on microb |:P

Last edited by Temporal; 2011-03-15 at 08:50.

Tags
bada rox