Active Topics

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Oh yeah I read them, just not sure if Nokia will release a meego "smartphone" any more
I wouldn't surprised if they released a tablet or meego toaster instead

If rumours about N9-00 qwerty being ditched, because of carrier dislike due to it's hinge, are to be believed.
Then even if we do get a smart-phone from Nokia, apparently it'll no longer be a qwerty, only a freakin slate.

If that's true I'm done with Nokia, adios... so disappointed with all these developments.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Intel Exec Departs Amid Mobile Disappointments. Anand Chandrasekher is the manager from Intel's "ultra mobility group" that was showing off the medfield phone and making promises. I hope he didn't take off since he can't keep them...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
penwell quad core otw!

Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
I hope he didn't take off since he can't keep them...
omfg I hope not

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Madrid, Spain
Hmm all nCDK QA reports were stopped on Feb 14th, a couple days after Nokia-WP7 announcement...

I guess this means bye bye to any hopes of Nokia developing a disrupting hw platform on meego, at least not until 2013...

Originally Posted by sunwong View Post
I guess this means bye bye to any hopes of Nokia developing a disrupting hw platform on meego, at least not until 2013...
What makes you so certain they ever will now?

yeah i think ncdk is dead, they closed all the ncdk specific bugs as wontfix, but icdk is still alive and kicking.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
yeah i think ncdk is dead, they closed all the ncdk specific bugs as wontfix, but icdk is still alive and kicking.
I dont now how many times this has been discussed before but ICDK is NOT Nokia.

also the stop of nCDK says NOTHING we dont even now if that was Nokia cause the image was X86 image and as far as I know Nokia still using ARM.

but I dont understand why people still cries about no meego from lNokia. to me its obvious Elop plans to kill if that idiot continue destroy Nokia.

I am really begin to think Nokia is a sinking ship. But I am sure Qt(Quick) and meego will survive and thats more important

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-04-04 at 21:08.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
What makes you so certain they ever will now?
That 2013 estimation of me was just speculation upon the date of WP7+Nokia failure acknowledgement and the comeback to Meego for the high-end

Tags
armchairanalyst