// Do stuff specific to uninstalls
/usr/sbin/patchmanager -u sailfishos-shutdown-screen
else
if [ $1 = 1 ]; then
    // Do stuff specific to upgrades
echo "It's just upgrade"
fi
fi
Ancelad already explained that problem maibe from the comments "//"...
Before I have posting something on openrepos I always testing it on my device and never had any problem with uninstallation....
Sorry for inconvenient...

Nodevel, Jalyst, thanks for your words...
^^ thats why i'm not surprised at all

shell script comments are # and not //

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MisterMaster View Post
There is an option to avoid launching Alien Dalvik at boot
This was already part of 2.0.1.11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
This what was in %preun script:
Code:
%preun
if [ $1 = 0 ]; then
    // Do stuff specific to uninstalls
/usr/sbin/patchmanager -u sailfishos-shutdown-screen
else
if [ $1 = 1 ]; then
    // Do stuff specific to upgrades
echo "It's just upgrade"
fi
fi
Ancelad already explained that problem maibe from the comments "//"...
Before I have posting something on openrepos I always testing it on my device and never had any problem with uninstallation....
Sorry for inconvenient...

Nodevel, Jalyst, thanks for your words...

Thank you Shturman !
It works with
Code:
rrpm -e --noscripts sailfishos-shutdown-screen

The Following User Says Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Had some reports, none of the posts in question are bad enough to justify an infraction(s), just yet...
But do remember that most devs/semi-devs here are volunteers, & they deserve respect just as much as anyone else.
Let this serve as a warning to anyone who persistently personally_attacks/insults someone who's merely trying to help.
There's a difference between trying to help when you know what you're doing and trying to help when you don't.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Did you pay for his scripts? As far as I know, Schturman does it in his free time and finds the time to share his work with others. This should be welcomed with gratitude, not bullying like above.

So thank you, Schturman for your work - I'm not sure if I ever used any of your scripts/patches (I may have, back in the day on the N9), but your contributions are certainly welcome.
You're completely right, some members should appreciate Schturman Schadenfreude free work some more or just write their own stuff.

Last edited by jellyroll; 2016-06-19 at 11:45.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
Wow, that new Messages cover is absolutely terrible. On par with the Notes cover for 'worst idea in the history of Sailfish'. I like that it now adapts what's visible on the cover to the length of the sent/received messages, but that white background... why. In fact the white background is not even the worst thing about it, that award goes to the ALL-CAPS NAMES.

Something else I don't like is that going from the lock screen to the home screen now shows an unnecessary fade-in animation which blocks you from doing anything else. Going from lock screen to an open application doesn't do this, however.

The flashlight switch doesn't really seem to work.

I don't get the new Salamander ambience considering it's just a red version of Freedom, and there's no salamander on there.

Accounts seemed to be broken but restarting Settings made it work again.

The fonts look slightly different, except in Terminal where they look very different (and not in a very good way).

I do like the redesign of some icons in the media player and Documents, the basic file manager in Settings (it also works for internal storage, but you have to access it from the pulley menu) and the character count for SMS (at last!).

Now I'm curious if sounds suddenly stopped working or if it's just my speaker acting up again. Great news! Sounds were just broken until reboot. No idea why, but it works again, so I'm happy.

Edit: in fact, the problem seems to be the flashlight switch! If the flashlight is on (or if the system thinks the flashlight is on), sounds are off! What, why, how? This doesn't happen when using the flashlight switch from OpenRepos, which always works and doesn't mute all sounds while it's on.

Last edited by nthn; 2016-06-19 at 12:41.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
There's a difference between trying to help when you know what you're doing and trying to help when you don't.
That depends. The intention is the same.

I would not call TMavica's post "offensive". Saying that someone's code has some room for improvement when it does is not a personal attack. Would you consider it a personal attack if someone told you that hou are a bad singer?

Schturman is clearly a beginner but he is also clearly keen to improve and, equally importantly, he shares the steps he makes on his way to improvement with the rest of us. For that alone he deserves my full respect and appreciation. No one was born an expert and everyone, even the experts, makes mistakes. The way Schturman shares his experiences for others to learn the same stuff and avoid the same mistakes is nothing but commendable.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Wow, that new Messages cover is absolutely terrible.
+1!

The flashlight switch doesn't really seem to work.
It does, but it takes forever to activate. Like,"three minutes forever", not "three seconds forever". I found my seat in the dark cinema long before the flashlight finally turned on. Luckily the old !!enable_switch is still there, doing the same thing instantly.

I do like (...) the character count for SMS (at last!).
Yes, finally. Not a year too soon. The placement of the counter could be better but I guess they did not want to copy my design completely

Other things I would put into the "finally" category:
  • The option to record calls
  • The reboot option
  • The option to turn off that terribly unreliable "flip to reject a call" feature

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
It does, but it takes forever to activate. Like,"three minutes forever", not "three seconds forever". I found my seat in the dark cinema long before the flashlight finally turned on. Luckily the old !!enable_switch is still there, doing the same thing instantly.
It seems to do a whole lot more than just a flip a switch (if you've seen my edit to my post, it somehow manages to completely block playback of any kind of audio or video as long as it's enabled), which could be why it's taking so long.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago

Edit: in fact, the problem seems to be the flashlight switch! If the flashlight is on (or if the system thinks the flashlight is on), sounds are off! What, why, how? This doesn't happen when using the flashlight switch from OpenRepos, which always works and doesn't mute all sounds while it's on.
It actually pauses the music when turning the flash light on and starts playing when turning off the flash light. It also takes almost a minute to turn the switch on first time.

I wonder if this works on Jolla-C correctly. Still should be reported on tjc.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:

Tags
intex, jolla, sailfishos, sfo update, sfos2, update