Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
I loved the tilt on the Nokia N97. Angle was just about right for me, and I loved the feel of the hinge when it snapped out. Much better than the unstable kickstand on the N90.

OP, your stand looks fabulous, btw. If there is any justice, it should be a hit!

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
i did like the angle on the n97 also, but prefer the straight sliding keyboard of the n900.... cant have everything i guess

I'll take two if there are any still available.

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Can I have 2 shipped to Finland.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chicago
I will def take 2. Ship to Chicago please!

Wow, this accessory is great .. !! By when will you know the exact status regarding the acrylic based stands ? Also, are the ones you have made so made from wood or plastic ?

Lastly, I'm interested in one, and I live in Atlanta, GA, USA .. Would there be any shipping costs ? How will you be selling these ? eBay ?

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Fargo, North Dakota, USA
Originally Posted by ahmadka View Post
Wow, this accessory is great .. !! By when will you know the exact status regarding the acrylic based stands ?
You will be pleased to know that I just updated the main post with clear acrylic stands. They cost more than the wooden ones because they take more time on the laser cutter, and they cause problems with my neighbors. They will also cost me more to ship. However... they are AWESOME.

Also, acrylic models will not have a no-slip bottom, because it would mar their gorgeous finish.

Also, are the ones you have made so made from wood or plastic ?
The original 50 were made of wood, but I'm not selling those ones. I decided they were not good enough and started designing a 2nd batch based on feedback here in the comments. The second batch is much improved. The main post has been updated with pictures and details on this 2nd batch. The main improvements are that they are more stable, and more black. I am still trying to perfect an anti-slip coating for the bottom of these new wooden models.

Lastly, I'm interested in one, and I live in Atlanta, GA, USA .. Would there be any shipping costs ? How will you be selling these ? eBay ?
As it says in the first post, shipping is included (unless you want some kind of overnight service or something - I'll be shipping at the lowest possible rate). This is absolutely guaranteed for domestic shipments. If for some reason international shipments go over $5/envelope I may have to ask for a dollar or two more. I don't think this will happen.

I am going to sell them directly here in the forum first. After everyone here is satisfied, I will list some on eBay. I'd rather sell them here and cut out the middleman.

Last edited by fake; 2010-02-07 at 06:42.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fake For This Useful Post:
I really like what you're doing with these. How well do the acrylic ones stay put on a desk?

I just had a look at the acrylic ones, and you are right dude, they look awesome .. !! So congrats on doing a fine job in coming up with this .. don't be surprised if you start getting phone calls from companies who want to buy your product ..

However, I do have to admit that the price is maybe a bit too much bro .. I mean I know its looks really good, but $17 for a stand is maybe a little high .. Can we just have the wooden ones or something .. ?

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Fargo, North Dakota, USA
I really like what you're doing with these. How well do the acrylic ones stay put on a desk?
Pretty well. I will make a comparison video for you as soon as I get the non-slip base worked out for the wood units (tomorrow, I hope).

I am no longer satisfied with the silicone rubber I was using -- after some testing I discovered it doesn't adhere to the wood as perfectly as I thought it did. I think another variety of silicone rubber will work well.

Off-topic:

If anyone wants to change their reserve from wood to acrylic or vice versa, no problem at all, post it here, but please, don't PM me yet. I will be watching everyone's reservations from this thread.

Remember that for now, I can only cut a limited number of acrylic ones each day, so ordering acrylic might cause a little delay. Not a big deal, but something to consider.

Tags
accessory, acrylic, awesome!, complex pricing structure, holder, inexpensive, n900, n900 stand, stand, stay in school!!!, wood