Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by SHARP66 View Post
Great work.

I like to draw myself, but I did not draw with the original stylus anymore, I always scratched the screen...just a little dust and was scratched
I use empty marker instead , with that I have no more visible scratch.
If anyone know aether better stylus for drawing?
Use a working marker, saves battery life.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
I use it 9 out of 10 times. I bought 10 and I scattered them around the house so I don't need to use the one on my n900 so often.

I use pen pen as a notes app too often;
I use to work on easy debian (mostly using Gimp) and it would be IMPOSSIBLE without it;
I control my computer through PresenceVNC, and without the pen, impossible;
Angry Birds without a pen is just that awful;
Hitting that link with the pen is just that easy, mainly if you do not want to zoom in all the time to hit them;
Selecting texts with the pen is just a must;
Playing CAPH without a pen is just that awful too;

And there's other little things here and there that, without a pen, would be just not good.

That's why I'm willing to think about trading my n900 to the new sansung note thingy. The big screen will hopefully make up for the lack of a keyboard and it comes with a pen that works (and does more than just write on the screen).

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
I lost my stylus about 10 months ago, was going to get a new one, but never got around to it. It wasn't until this thread did I realize a stylus came with this device. I honestly don't need one since I can't draw and my nail works fine when browsing. So for me, it is not that important.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ philly
very very very very very very very very important

I use the stylus rarely. For general navigation/web browsing/claws-mail I just use my fingernail (conveniently attached to the end of my finger). Occasionally I'll use the reverse end of my pen if I'm already holding it.

lost my stylus two days ago .... I've ordered another one for $8, it actually includes two styluses.. :P better for the next time... lolzzzz

Originally Posted by ZackMorris View Post
I lost my stylus about 10 months ago, was going to get a new one, but never got around to it. It wasn't until this thread did I realize a stylus came with this device. I honestly don't need one since I can't draw and my nail works fine when browsing. So for me, it is not that important.
Hmm, I had roughly the same experience, used the device without a stylus for several months and had no major problems that I noticed. I replaced the stylus last week (eBay, £1.69 delivered) and am pleasantly surprised how much difference it has made; I don't need it for day-to-day phone use, but it seems to improve precision when browsing, it's useful with mapping software, good for rearranging the desktop or switching between multiple tasks and nice to have for games (I just got into Angry Birds...)

I'd say I'm now getting more use and entertainment out of my N900 than at any time since I bought it. That's partly due to the stylus and partly down to carrying an external battery - but the stylus makes much more difference than I thought it would. Two weeks ago I'd have agreed with you entirely, but I now regard it as £1.69 well spent.

well i got a n900 without it and i felt pretty damn lost for a while, but after i mastered the spiral zoom things became a bit easier.

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by Osama Bin Laden View Post
Depends, do you shave?
Can I have your number with that?
*no homo*
I don't wash. I've heard you like that.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
wow i'm surprised. I barely ever use mine.

Tags
head broken, i need drugs