Active Topics

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ philly
wat in the world is this? i tried installing fcam and it wouldnt install because of the enhanced kernal for power users, so i tried deinstalling kernal, guess wat? my phone is stuck in reboot and will not charge or go pass the nokia screen. i know absolutely nothing about reflashin can someone please help me out. WOW!

where is the raw image save at ? anyone know ? couldnt find it.

Originally Posted by ryanl33x1511 View Post
where is the raw image save at ? anyone know ? couldnt find it.
/home/user/MyDocs/FCamera

You can change it on the settings screen (drag the viewfinder down to get to it)

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by anim1 View Post
wat in the world is this? i tried installing fcam and it wouldnt install because of the enhanced kernal for power users, so i tried deinstalling kernal, guess wat? my phone is stuck in reboot and will not charge or go pass the nokia screen. i know absolutely nothing about reflashin can someone please help me out. WOW!
So what made you think you were a power user?

Power users should read the Wiki, which has instructions on how to reflash. Others could benefit from looking at the Wiki also.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ NJ, USA
FCamera is nice, Good work guys..
Please make sure you improve it and make a real good final app.

See some samples here. http://www.nokiatimes.com/2010/07/hd...-settings.html

I noticed that every time you use the built in Camera app I had to restart the phone to use FCamera.

Originally Posted by titan View Post
I have build a completely untested package of the fcam kernel modules for the maemo38 kernel (should be compatible with v37). please test it and report whether it works.

http://n900.tannerlab.com/kernel/fca....5-1_armel.deb

Got them working. But i couldn't install the drivers nor the fcamera app until I uninstalled Blessn900 photo app.

Originally Posted by must4get View Post
FCamera is nice, Good work guys..
Please make sure you improve it and make a real good final app.

See some samples here. http://www.nokiatimes.com/2010/07/hd...-settings.html

I noticed that every time you use the built in Camera app I had to restart the phone to use FCamera.
you could kill it. because the app still runing in background.

Originally Posted by anim1 View Post
can be a bit tricky but just follow instructions here:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Flasher

you can re-download PR 1.2 from :
http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-d...-downloads.php

do you know what firmware you using?
in my example my phone original came with UK firmware, but i changed mine to the worldwide firmware version instead as its updated more often then uk, i did not find any limitations by changing this but might brake the warranty, is up to you...

how to flash?
you need the cable that allows to plug into your computer.
follow the instructions in the link above to connect the phone and then from the CMD prompt just flash it with PR 1.2
fyi, i left out the vanilla part, and just had to re-install my apps, data was still there.

The Following User Says Thank You to windows7 For This Useful Post:
Not sure if I need to uninstall the Enhanced Power Kernal to install Fcamera and fcam-drivers. Everytime i try to install either one of them, i get a conflicting package message, saying that the power kernal is the problem. what am i doing wrong?

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Is this the Kerkel-Power available from App Manager? If so then read on;

Remove BlessN900
Close App Manager
Open Xterminal and type the following;
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install --reinstall -y kernel kernel-flasher
This should return SIGTERM received and Image flashed successfully messages. If this is the case continue with
Code:
apt-get remove -y kernel-power kernel-power-modules
This reverts you back to the stock kernel.

Reboot the phone and then again open terminal. Type the following;
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install fcamera
That will then install fCamera (funnily enough). Now you can redownload and install te Power Kernel but bear in mind that you will have to also download titans fcam drivers to your device. If you download it to MyDocs then you should run the following;
Code:
sudo gainroot
cd /home/user/MyDocs
dpkg -i fcam-drivers_1.0.5-1_armel.deb
This is your kernel reverted to stock, fcam installed, power kernel re-installed and fcam drivers modified by titan also installed. Had to do myself earlier. Fun and games.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Switch_ For This Useful Post:

Tags
dumbypants