Notices

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Ok, I got optimization working perfectly on my device (edit: meaning, including the symlinking)... (postinst scripts ftw) now the question is why does maemo extras assistant give me file upload errors?

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-06-01 at 06:03.

I'd also recommend you scoot around in the aircrack-ng trac issues for other enhancement patches, although admittedly they have some open tickets that seem to have been resolved in svn, yet never closed.

Last edited by hawaii; 2011-06-01 at 06:13.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
I'd also recommend you scoot around in the aircrack-ng trac issues for other enhancement patches, although admittedly they have some open tickets that seem to have been resolved in svn, yet never closed.
I'll look into it as time permits. "patch" throws some errors if you try to apply a .diff to a file that already includes those changes, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue if I ran into some that have been committed to SVN already.

In the meantime, everything sits and waits until the autobuilder starts... working, I guess. A brief glance at the thread of another program I use (Advanced Interface Switcher) suggests I'm not the only guy having issues getting the autobuilder to accept anything.

I also do want to get a version pushed to -testing - I felt properly working optification was good enough to warrant an upload, but after that gets uploaded, I want to prod it into -testing before changing anything else, then start on the other possible enhancements.

Also: did you have any specific enhancements in mind that you'd like to see pulled from there?

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
In the meantime, here's a link to download the .deb of iw that doesn't conflict with aircrack-ng. This is the exact same version as I just tried pushing into devel, but apparently that failed, so for now you have this. Remember, precompiled binaries dangerous etc etc. Use a condom, and such.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5kxpa7uobv69w5w
Hi Mentalist, thanks for your good work.

I try to install this (iw_0.9.19-1maemo4) but HAM shows that is incompatible package. My N900 is with power47 + CSSU15. Would you please give me your idea about this issue ?! Thanks,

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Apologies if this has been mentioned already...

..but I keep getting "wi_write(): Illegal seek" from aireplay-ng

Is this a common problem?

Edit:
Just noticed the munged line above: "write failed: Network is down".

Guess it's just weak signal then.

Last edited by mr_jrt; 2011-06-01 at 14:33.

1.1-maemo7 has succeeded building in the autobuilder. Just a matter of time before it gets moved to the repo (might be a lot of time given autobuilder's bugs when I was last posting) Looks like it finished by the time I finished typing. I try to be diligent with the changelog, so you should be able to see what I changed last by viewing the aircrack-ng package's page by searching for it on maemo.org/packages.

But basically, this features optification+symlinking of all the binaries, and I fixed the descriptions slightly because I forgot to list some of the binaries that are included in the aircrack-ng suite when I updated the description last time.

Hopefully this also doesn't break anything that's already working.

Now, onto the issues:

shawwawa: Can you give any more details of what the error was? Or was that literally all that it said (if so, can you check the log from HAM. You can get to it from somewhere in the menu bar, I just don't remember exactly where in there...)? I know it's not power47 or the CSSU 15 installs that are to blame, because I have both of those installed too. It MIGHT be that iw isn't in a "user" section (when you use HAM, it only shows you programs that have "user" as one of its sections, the idea being to hide from the non-tech-savvy N900 users all the background libraries and other dependency stuff). So it's possible that HAM isn't allowing you to install the iw .deb because it's not a "user" package.

So you may have to install using "dpkg -i" (dpkg is the program for handling much of the .deb processing in Debian [and Ubuntu I think]; -i is the flag that tells dpkg to install the .deb file you're specifying), from the command line.

So open up X-Terminal, become root, and then cd to the directory you put the iw .deb file downloaded above, and then run "dpkg -i [name of .deb file]".

mr_jrt: It might actually not be a matter of network power/signal or whatever, but might be an internal aireplay-ng bug. I briefly looked it up, and it seems that in version 1.0 people were having this issue if they used the -B flag when running aireplay-ng. *Shrug* What command(s) exactly were giving you this error?

- Edit -

Frak, I have to put a prerm script into the package to get rid of the symlinks upon uninstall, don't I? Ugh. Looks like I have to upload another version already. (That's not to say it's a big deal - unless autobuilder messed something up, the package in the repo right now will still put everything where it needs to be, and symlink appropriately - it just won't automatically remove the symlinks if you wanted to uninstall - though it will remove the binaries and everything else).

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-06-01 at 15:32. Reason: Ughhh... packaging. It is teh PITA.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Put 1.1-maemo8 into the autobuilder. This includes prerm script for deleting the symlinks during uninstalling that the postinst script creates when installing, and fixes one (hopefully final) omission in the description. HOPEFULLY everything works and I don't have to touch it until I can get this version into -testing.

- Edit 2 -
Autobuilder finished building succesfully, so it'll be in the repo...soonish, hopefully.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-06-01 at 15:54. Reason: Clarification of wording.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
@Mentalist

Thank you very much for your detail descriptions. It works now !! I forget to use dpkg to handling such deb and I did recall that when I on the way home..... Thank you again for your great work on those awesome subjects.

The Following User Says Thank You to shawwawa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
The command was:
Code:
aireplay-ng -3 -b <bssid> -h <mac> wlan0
15:32:53  Waiting for beacon frame (BSSID: <bssid>) on channel 13
Saving ARP requests in replay_arp-0601-153253.cap
You should also start airodump-ng to capture replies.
write failed: Network is down3 ARP requests and 92081 ACKs), sent 110625 packets...(500 pps)
wi_write(): Illegal seek
Restarting the app immediately worked fine, and I think you're right - I don't recall the wifi status icon vanishing at any point.

Those having issues with updating from 1.1-maemo7 to 1.1-maemo8, run this as root (you skip the second command if you haven't yet tried to update to 1.1-maemo8):

Code:
rm /usr/sbin/*-ng* /usr/sbin/airmon-zc /usr/bin/*-ng /usr/bin/kstats /usr/bin/ivstools
apt-get -f install
Sorry about that. It's the symlink thing I mentioned before: You have to delete the symlinks manually before updating because the current postinst script doesn't check if the symlink exists before making it, so it errors out if it tries to make one over one that already exists. This shouldn't be an issue from now on, because the prerm script included in 1.1-maemo8 should delete the symlinks correctly as it's removed before the next version installs. Also, I'll try to make the postinst/prerm scripts check if the symlink exists before making/removing it, so that this is even less likely to happen in the future.