Active Topics

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
For me its always been the integrated IM into the core. It has saved me from sendinh countles txt messages and calls, and so my dataplan has been pretty much the only fee on my phonebill!

But the best thing about Maemo5 is MicroB. As someone already said, it saves us all from having a gazillion dedicated apps. It has also changed the way I surf the web, as the N900 is now my primary browsing device.

Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
I've got to admit, I'm very puzzled by this. It's not really a matter of choosing between the complex equation or the simple one, is it? If the single, somewhat complex equation

p = m*a/(pi*r^2)

is too difficult for you, don't you have to do not one, but three simple equations?

F=m*a
A=pi*r^2
p = F/A

Either that, or you depend on someone else to do the preliminary calculations for you. And that means you have to take the accuracy of those preliminary calculations on faith. The complexity is still there, just not on display.

Still, that's certainly a valid choice, and if your killer apps are the ones that hide as much of their complexity from you, there's no arguing with that.
Yes, and yes. No clutter, no recalling or using of code, just a simple "click and play"

Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
For myself, there are many occasions when I can do what I need to do more readily with mc than with a graphical file manager that prettifies the interface, and in doing so hides elements that I need. That's what makes it a killer app for me.
As I said complexity is only useful if it is specifically required, which seems to be so in your case then.

killer app must be any of my emulators and the ability to use my PS3 controller. as a person that spends a lot of time travelling, killing time by playing a bit of sonic 2 or 3 definitely helps and also brings back a lot of nostalgia.

i also like media players ability to play any video files without having to convert. i can just drag and drop any programs or films i have on my computer and watch them straight away.

awesome