Notices

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by MaemoUser View Post
I tried to install the pebble daemon but a error message occured when I try to enable it:
systemctl --user enable pebbled
You can do it using Management App since 0.3. Don't have to use terminal anymore.

Ok, it's working there .

Which patch did you use to get Mediaplayer support?

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Reinstalled, controls still not working. Pebble version 2.02

Also, are you receiving Mitakuuluu notifications to Pebble? That is not working either for me

Originally Posted by MaemoUser View Post
Ok, it's working there .

Which patch did you use to get Mediaplayer support?
None.
I use QuasarMX which already supports MPRIS.

Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Also, are you receiving Mitakuuluu notifications to Pebble? That is not working either for me
This is supported in smurfy's notifications branch only.

Also, I am very reluctant to adding specific app notifications. We can't possibly add support for every single application out there.

Also this is against SailfishOS design. We have Conversations interface, which integrates all communications channels - no matter whether it is XMPP, SMS, GTalk, Skype etc. And this conversations interface is already supported by pebbled.
I have no idea why some developers chose to not to integrate with this design, instead rolling own solution, that needs to be handled specially.

The Following User Says Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by smoku View Post
This is supported in smurfy's notifications branch only.

Also, I am very reluctant to adding specific app notifications. We can't possibly add support for every single application out there.

Also this is against SailfishOS design. We have Conversations interface, which integrates all communications channels - no matter whether it is XMPP, SMS, GTalk, Skype etc. And this conversations interface is already supported by pebbled.
I have no idea why some developers chose to not to integrate with this design, instead rolling own solution, that needs to be handled specially.
There could be some workaround for this problem.
You could add a switch within the pebble manager that says "Push all notifications".
This way, all notifications WILL be pushed to the Pebble (even android notifications)

Edit:
I think the music control buttons don't work when using firmware 2.3

Last edited by HtheB; 2014-07-18 at 14:22.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
This way, all notifications WILL be pushed to the Pebble (even android notifications)
Been there for one day.
Extremely annoying. Especially Android download notifications, pushing 100+ notifications with every single % downloaded.
0% downloaded...
1% downloaded...
2% downloaded...

Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by smoku View Post
Been there for one day.
Extremely annoying. Especially Android download notifications, sending 100+ notifications with every single % downloaded.
0% downloaded...
1% downloaded...
2% downloaded...
I know hehhe
But, hey.. it's better then having no option at all
(maybe adding a little warning message below the switch, telling that this mode can be very annoying, would be good)

I have an idea how to solve this.
Track all applications sending notifications and dynamically add them to Manager list allowing user to disable pushing from specific (already seen) application. This way it does not need constant updates to the app code adding new notification sources and gives total control to the user.

But this needs coding it up.
And I have some other tasks with higher priority.

But smurfy is working on something like this, so he's the one to bug for.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Is there a prebuilt RPM with the notifications enabled?

Tags
pebble, pebble time, pebbled