Posts: 51 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ chioggia
guis, after update to 1.0.3.8 of jolla i continue to obtien notification of new update after every reeboot.....first time it as slow.....it need of about 10-15 minutes for daownload and install it.... second times, it need of only 4 mintes to do it and now......i've got notification of update agian.....is it happen to you?

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by francesco VE View Post
guis, after update to 1.0.3.8 of jolla i continue to obtien notification of new update after every reeboot.....first time it as slow.....it need of about 10-15 minutes for daownload and install it.... second times, it need of only 4 mintes to do it and now......i've got notification of update agian.....is it happen to you?
Happened with the previous update as well. They clearly have not fixed this bug yet ... still for those of for whom notifications seems to have stopped working altogether in the wake of the update this is no longer an issue

I've installed the update yesterday night.
Due the high unreliability in WIFI connection ( still don't understand if this is a problem conceirning my specific device or if it's realted to some Jolla issue instead) i've spend more then 3 hours to do it:
3 times i've to wait install and restart of the phone, but each time after all that in "info device" there was the old SW version.. other 10 or 12 times dowloading self stopped, and manually restarted ..
Now everything seems works, except that seems to me battery consumption is much higher compared to last days.

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Originally Posted by Silwer View Post
Does not work. Tried rebooting several times. Also tried to take re-inserting SD card.
Seems that my 1 month old sd card is dead...
https://together.jolla.com/question/...r-1038-update/

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
I haven't seen lot complaining about Jolla in this thread. Hardly any in fact. Just the usual irrelevant Dave999 crap and one bitchy post. If anything, I would argue just the opposite. Let's give Jolla at at least some responsibility. Doings one's best isn't always enough, especially when one is actually in a commericial business.

Then again I'm just a depressive finnjävla idiot. I'll drink some more kossu and try to resolve my update problems, while being mind numblingy drunk. It's all good overall and most likely caused by all the hacking I've done (100% responsibility for forgetting that I'm a DNA hacker instead of computer hacker).
It's not irrelevent since there are some issues reported. I just said I'm waiting to see whats going on before I update since I don't really need the update. You should be carefull since jolla is a Beta phone, the updates are Beta too. Just saying.

Anyway. It's always nice to see updates!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-02-01 at 13:06.

i found my own answer. android apps can send SMSes. it will launch the sailfish messaging app. from what i read, user still needs to give permission to the app to send the message (similar to android apps trying to make phone calls).

just installed. Took me 15min. No problems at all. Everything at his place.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Think I pressed the power button during the update process, it's been 10 minutes now and the phone hasn't come on. what to do?

Just used the power button to turn in on. It says that it's got the new version.

How to enable landscape mode?

Last edited by mariusmssj; 2014-02-01 at 16:06.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
i have done shut down my jolla too early aswell. by then my said it was up to date, but than notified me a update was available again. Updated a second time, (leaving the jolla untouched for 30 minutes or so) and all was fine. Now using it for a day, and not experiencing any issues.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
So with the nfc bug fixed anyone noticed a change in battery?