Active Topics

Double Click on the Update_From_SVN script. (Wait)
I don't have this? All I have there are Step 1-5 scripts.

Originally Posted by fredoll View Post
Do you use Ubuntu Jaunty ?
if so did you install the patched xephyr ? the default one crashes when you click into an entry field ...
No, I was unaware of that. Thanks, I did some googling and read & tested that issue. I'll see what I can do to get a fixed Xorg-server-common package installable. Are you aware of anyone who has a fixed version already compiled for jaunty.

Nathan

Originally Posted by pillar View Post
I don't have this? All I have there are Step 1-5 scripts.

Make sure you go "Home directory" -> "Maemo Install"
All the scripts and configuration are in the "Maemo_Install" folder. So, you need to go in their to run any scripts manually.

Nathan.

Originally Posted by fredoll View Post
Do you use Ubuntu Jaunty ?
if so did you install the patched xephyr ? the default one crashes when you click into an entry field ...
Ok, I am now -- thanks for the heads up. As stated on the prior page of the thread -- run the "VM Updates" and you will get all the latest fixes installed all automatically.

This fix will require you to restart your VM as the fix is in the XServer program which is what is running your entire graphic interface inside the vm.... You can still do things; but Xephyr will continue to crash out on text fields until the next time you restart your VM.

Also, one of the fixes will now install giplet -- if you right mouse click on the menu at the top of the screen in the center (white space) you can click "Add to Panel", Select "Get IP Address" and from now on your current IP address will show on the top menu. (Makes it easier for you to know the file share ip address)

Nathan

Last edited by Nathan; 2009-09-09 at 18:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post:
I could see the three files inside 7zip file manager, what is next.

Could anyone please write 1, 2, 3, 4.. steps on how to install Maemo-Fremantle.7z on XP. What else needed and from where.

THANKS TO NATHAN for the hard work and sharing.

I'm attempting to add Install instructions to the wiki so others can update it.

See: https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/wik...id=1033&type=g

Nathan

Last edited by Nathan; 2009-09-09 at 20:09.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
For some reason, step 1 in maemo installation (obtaining fremantle sdk eula) didn't work, it just closed after updating scripts. I had to manually browse and accept eula in http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/eula/index.php

After that it seems to work.

Nathan, thanks, got it working now and everything updated. Nice scripts and good that you had it setup in a way that the image can easily be updated.

Now I would say the crucial part would be to get scratchbox somehow integrated to QtCreator run/debug. It is a hassle to manually move the files to scratchbox and run it there and I don't know how to debug that way.

Btw. I like this VirtualPC stuff way better than VMWare. Much faster and easier to use (that 2.0 web-based console was horrible!).

Originally Posted by esakom View Post
For some reason, step 1 in maemo installation (obtaining fremantle sdk eula) didn't work, it just closed after updating scripts. I had to manually browse and accept eula in http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/eula/index.php

After that it seems to work.
Weird; I thought I had that fixed. Ergh... I need to run through the full steps one more time to make sure I haven't broken anything when I did my massive update last night. ;-)

Nathan

Could you please put a link to the wiki here, I was just wondering around..

Nice you got it working.

Tags
development, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, programming, sdk, virtual machine, virtualpc, windows, windows 7