Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by dragonken View Post
There they are, but FBA can't find them there. Any idea?
The fact you asked a question in the gngeo-gui thread (issue after use of a usb joystick) and you never answered my counter question, made me not really eager to answer you question here... but let's make a second attempt

What does the rom_path say in /home/user/.config/fba/capex.cfg ?
As you could read in some post earlier, it can be set with a default value of 265104. If so, replace it with the full path to your roms.

Do I asked the tough questions?

Originally Posted by ade View Post
The fact you asked a question in the gngeo-gui thread (issue after use of a usb joystick) and you never answered my counter question, made me not really eager to answer you question here... but let's make a second attempt

What does the rom_path say in /home/user/.config/fba/capex.cfg ?
As you could read in some post earlier, it can be set with a default value of 265104. If so, replace it with the full path to your roms.
So sorry about that back there, i gave back that HORI stick to my friend, and i really forgot that emulator, since i'm not a big fan of SNK games. I'm really not that troll type, so please give me a second chance

I can't find "rom_path" there. There are two major categories:
# FBA2X OPTIONS and # CAPEX OPTIONS, but none of them has rom_path. I need to add this line manually to somewhere?

So sorry about that back there, i gave back that HORI stick to my friend, and i really forgot that emulator, since i'm not a big fan of SNK games. I'm really not that troll type, so please give me a second chance

I can't find "rom_path" there. There are two major categories:
# FBA2X OPTIONS and # CAPEX OPTIONS, but none of them has rom_path. I need to add this line manually to somewhere?
You could try to add as last line:
Code:
rom_path /home/user/MyDocs/roms/
or some other valid path where your roms can be found.

And of course the zipped gameroms should be supported (see /opt/maemo/usr/games/fba/fbagames.txt)

Last edited by ade; 2012-03-17 at 00:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
You could try to add as last line:
Code:
rom_path /home/user/MyDocs/roms/
or some other valid path where your roms can be found.

And of course the zipped gameroms should be supported (see /opt/maemo/usr/games/fba/fbagames.txt)
I tried that, adding this line after FBA options, and CAPEX options too, but nothing happens. My roms are working, i tried them with CPS2 and MAME too (for example SFAU.zip, US version of Street Fighter Alpha). Should i take a screenshot, or write down what's in my capex.cfg?

I tried that, adding this line after FBA options, and CAPEX options too, but nothing happens. My roms are working, i tried them with CPS2 and MAME too (for example SFAU.zip, US version of Street Fighter Alpha). Should i take a screenshot, or write down what's in my capex.cfg?
Try this:
Code:
cd /home/user/MyDocs/roms
fba ./<yourgamerom.zip>
And see if any errors appear.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Try this:
Code:
cd /home/user/MyDocs/roms
fba ./<yourgamerom.zip>
And see if any errors appear.
It's working! I always need to start games from terminal?

Then fba-capex may have an issue. Have you tried uninstall and reinstall this package?

Then fba-capex may have an issue. Have you tried uninstall and reinstall this package?
Yes, i tried that too. Maybe when capex will have an option, to manually select rom path, my problem will be solved. Or any other ideas? Maybe editing my capex.cfg?
I'm pretty happy now, at least i can try out a lot of games. Thank you very much for your patience, and for helping me out

The Following User Says Thank You to dragonken For This Useful Post:
Yes, i tried that too. Maybe when capex will have an option, to manually select rom path, my problem will be solved. Or any other ideas? Maybe editing my capex.cfg?
I'm pretty happy now, at least i can try out a lot of games. Thank you very much for your patience, and for helping me out
We could go for a more technical approach to see where capex is looking for roms:

Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install strace
exit
cd /opt/maemo/usr/games/fba
strace ./capex 2>&1|grep open|grep zip
Now you must see that capex is trying to open all its known roms in the terminal output, and in what path it is looking for those zips.

P.s. if you thinks a post is helpfull you can press the thanks button

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post: