Active Topics

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Tieto is big finnish/swedish IT corporation.

Known for making cluster**** IT solutions for public services in Nordics.

NSA had hacked Rovio's servers and gotten accces to some Rovio user data that way.

Nothing to do with coperation though.
Some statements with whom Rovio exclude participation in the delivery of data to the NSA. http://www.bing.com/search?q=Rovio+a...st=1&FORM=PERE

While it may be true that the NSA picks up worldwide all the informations that are available, but how credible are these denials? Microsoft, Google and Co. are all scandalized, but are they really credible? How do they deal with our data? Who knows ...

On the other side, I think Rovio has not so critical informations about us like Google ad exemple.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Rovio handing over data to NSA would get all of their key people thrown in jail. There's no secret court that could order Rovio to hand out data to NSA:

Corporations on your list, unlike Rovio, are located on the same country as NSA.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I think we can forget jolla second phone after micronokia now announce android crap phones that mucrosoft gets money for. thus bussiness world are crazy rude ****

my guess is end of this year jolla will not exist and sailfishos is community project only for geeks

atleast they tried....
Hi. mikecomputing. This phone seems to be a cross between windows and android. From the hands on video on Engadget it looks awful. Native android would be better than that. If you love the MS look (not sure why...) you can buy an android phone and put a microsoft looking launcher on it. I can't believe anybody would buy this. They'd be better off reissuing the n9. Jolla's beta would still be far better than Nokia/Android zeta!

EDIT: Coming across a MS/Android clone is like finding a phone on the island of Doctor Moreau...

Last edited by mscion; 2014-02-24 at 17:48.

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hi. mikecomputing. This phone seems to be a cross between windows and android.
Underneath Nokia X is Android with Google services taken away. Nothing more complicated than that. UI is combination of WP and SwipeUI/Asha.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
I've always wanted an underpowered Android Jellybean phone with a confusing mix of Windows Phone, Asha and Android UI, empty app store and tied to the Microsoft Cloud.

Has someone from Jolla been over to the Nokia Developer bus yet and put an OS that wasn't designed by comittee yet? It's AOSP hardware yes?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
1.0.4.1 has tethering, new lock animation, fading screen feedback end of apps (Video)

Also new camera UI with A LOT of new stuff

Last edited by mariusmssj; 2014-02-24 at 20:26.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Hi. mikecomputing. This phone seems to be a cross between windows and android. From the hands on video on Engadget it looks awful. Native android would be better than that. If you love the MS look (not sure why...) you can buy an android phone and put a microsoft looking launcher on it. I can't believe anybody would buy this. They'd be better off reissuing the n9. Jolla's beta would still be far better than Nokia/Android zeta!

EDIT: Coming across a MS/Android clone is like finding a phone on the island of Doctor Moreau...
And now who has the money?

Its time to be realistic. The reason Jolla not talk about China lately is probadly the operators has choosed Nokia instead.

Money talks...

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
And now who has the money?

Its time to be realistic. The reason Jolla not talk about China lately is probadly the operators has choosed Nokia instead.
I'm not really getting why you are bringing this up now and what does it have to do with Nokia?

Jolla is up to task that is near impossible and will most likely fail, but why any operator in the world would be selecting between Nokia and Jolla? They don't even have anything in common.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
I know I will be stereotyping
But I don't quite get the use of attractive girls like that. Geeks/men into tech are less likely to approach them to ask question than just admire them from afar.
As a geek and a man into tech, I am happy not to comply with your stereotype!

The Following User Says Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
This phone seems to be a cross between windows and android

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"