Active Topics

Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
http://skeiron.org/repo/repository.maemo.org/community/ and http://skeiron.org/repo/repository.m...unity-testing/

- failed both with n900 but urls ok in firefox browser in my pc

extras,extras-devel and testing (skeiron server all)

- ok all

I tried skeiron chinok and ok url in my browser firefox in my pc but failed in my n900.

All said with apt-get update in n900 (for dummies)

Last edited by samipower; 2013-02-02 at 20:41.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Originally Posted by samipower View Post
http://skeiron.org/repo/repository.maemo.org/community/ and http://skeiron.org/repo/repository.m...unity-testing/

- failed both with n900 but urls ok in firefox browser in my pc

extras,extras-devel and testing (skeiron server all)

- ok all

I tried skeiron chinok and ok url in my browser firefox in my pc but failed in my n900.

All said with apt-get update in n900 (for dummies)
So I guess I'm not the only one with this problem then?

Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
I flashed my n900, and n900 clean.

I installed with Maemo flasher the latest pr 1.3.1 and emmc and added new repositoires skeiron -

I tried to install maemo cssu stable and ok but for download 33.5 mb very very slow.

Is neccesary a new repos for maemo cssu I think.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by samipower View Post
I flashed my n900, and n900 clean.

I installed with Maemo flasher the latest pr 1.3.1 and emmc and added new repositoires skeiron -

I tried to install maemo cssu stable and ok but for download 33.5 mb very very slow.

Is neccesary a new repos for maemo cssu I think.
Repository.maemo.org is back up at very slow speeds so most probably you haven't disabled them when adding skeiron hence you get low speeds from there... Skeiron.org should give you good speeds as its operating on a better uplink + has fewer connections vs repo.maemo.org

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Just wanted to also confirm, skeiron.org is up and functioning well! But I had to switch to the GSM network, since it turned out my firewall was blocking certain dependencies from downloading. Before assuming it's the mirror guys please check everything.

Go Maemo!

Last edited by kaledsmokes; 2013-02-03 at 20:07.

i keep getting the message "failed to download <app>, try again?"
Can anyone help with this?

Originally Posted by kaledsmokes View Post
Just wanted to also confirm, skeiron.org is up and functioning well! But I had to switch to the GSM network, since it turned out my firewall was blocking certain dependencies from downloading. Before assuming it's the mirror guys please check everything.

Go Maemo!
I wasn't assuming the mirror was down or anything. I just tried GSM as well as 3G again but neither works, it gives me the same error I posted earlier. A bunch of ign messages, etc... Just because it worked for you doesn't mean it works for everyone, unfortunately. There have been a few others who have had trouble updating.

Any suggestions anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated! I really want to get everything updated as I hadn't updated in six months before this!

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
...then maybe it's not too tragic if there's another month (or two) inbetween. Does something depend on an update?

Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
...then maybe it's not too tragic if there's another month (or two) inbetween. Does something depend on an update?
It's not only the updates, but it's annoying that I can't use the FAPMan or App Manager since the Skeiron Repo's are not working for me, I can't search for apps to download, etc... I have to do searches in Opera browser and then try to download direct and install. Also I want to be able to update all the apps, as well as any updates to the OS, etc... Of course I can wait a month or two for everything to go back up, but unfortunately even the repo.maemo.org which is back up, is not working fully for me (although better than Skeiron) which is weird. I was just thinking maybe someone has a suggestion or knows what's wrong with my system? Maybe even if I wait a month or two it still won't work... although I have seen other posts of people with similar problems and no solutions.. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
BaronKatz,

The issue with repo.maemo.org is the uplink speed; today hopefully the speed should be increased so you should be able to use it again.

For skeiron, I'm slightly dumbfounded as you are getting a 503 which nobody else has reported on. On average, daily downloads served by skeiron are in the range of ~100GB meaning its being used extensively without any issues.

For now since repo.maemo.org is up and speeds will be increased today I would suggest you disable skeiron and keep to repo.m.o and try later today or tomorrow.

P.S. Before you bring up samipower's post remember he's trying to download from Community & Community-Testing which are CSSU-stable and CSSU-Testing respectively; I suspect he had either enabled in the first place and you can only have one enabled not both.

Secondly, he tried chinook downloads which are for N8XX iirc not N900 so another issue there. The only ones he did right were extras and extras-devel and those worked properly for him.

Last edited by thedead1440; 2013-02-05 at 05:55.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:

Tags
guide, repository, temp mirrors