Notices

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem or not, but I quit Kagu this morning, but the music kept on playing. I believe this was the OSSO player. I rebooted my tablet. Now, it appears that Maemoscrobbler is stuck, for lack of a better word. Nothing is being submitted and the timer in the control panel for it is stuck at 17:32. Any ideas?

(Maemoscrobbler is the only reason I use Kagu... so... a bit more important to me than most, perhaps.)

Posts: 225 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ some where on earth
ddid you try re scaning your sd cards that's what i did it only happen to me once now all
is running tip top

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Hmm.. after another reboot and crash of Kagu.. it just seems to work again. No idea what's going on.

On another kagu playback issue, when I'm listening with my Bluetooth headphones, I'm not able to commence my listening at the very beginning of the first musical item in my play list -- the sound begins coming through the headphones only after several seconds have elapsed, and I haven't figured out a way to back up or begin again so I don't miss the opening bars. Is this a buffering problem?

My kagu seems to crash all the time i try to start it up then it goes to a black screen then trys to find the album cover and then it crashes.....Im using 2007OS HE with nokia 770

I have been using Kagu for a while and have continued to fill up my 8 gig sdhc card with music for it. However, recently, I have noticed that upon startup of the program, the music, for a lack of better description, skips. Once the program has been running for some time, the skips essentially go away (not entirely, like once every other song or so). No other applications are running and there is no internet connection (or even trying to connect...Im in the car). This happens really bad just after a scan, which I do frequently as new songs are added. This happens with either osso player or mplayer. Thoughts...maybe disk access as the card has only about a gig of space left.

My experience is somewhat similar to nanocore's. Although my two 4-gb cards are nowhere near filled, I get skipping in the opening minute or so of every musical number I play, which ceases almost without exception afterwards for the rest of the musical number. (I use the term "musical number" as I'm principally playing individual movements to classical compositions.) Also, as I've earlier reported (and queried) in this thread, I can't seem to get to hear the opening bars of any musical number when initiating play using my Bluetooth headphones.

nanocore, ascherjim,

just to let you know that someone is reading this and trying to figure out what might be the cause. I myself use KAGU with a fully-packed 4GB SDHC card (external), and do not experience this (and I also listen to classical movements), although I do not use BT headphones (I am sure this creates another layer of complexity).
Not being one of the core programmers I am not much of a help here, but judging from my technical background this sounds some kind of BUFFER problem to me, some streaming issue between KAGU and the underlying player. Sorry again for so many words without a real help,
greetings, karl.

I raised this as a ticket on the trac, but not sure if it went through or not, so:

I turned on the "1 hr sleep", left kagu playing and woke up to no sound, good so far. Exited kagu. Went back into kagu (to show it off) and the interface was unresponsive to taps either by stylus or finger (other apps on the machine running fine, tappable). Closed it again, rebooted the n800, restarted kagu. still unresponsive (showing 1hr sleep at the bottom). removed preferences file (thinking it had something to do with a fixed time to stop working in that) and kagu wouldn't even startup. Ran the scanner and restarted and everything was ok, with sleep set to off. I just want to thank you for all the work you've put in.. this is now a good music player, and is well on its way to being a good polished music player.

Faye

@Nanocore: it's probably jffs2_gc_mtd4 (jffs2 is built-in memory's filesystem type and gc is probably garbage collection) compressing the filesystem. nothing to do with kagu, could you check how much space you have left on by running "df -h" in an xterm and looking for the "mounted on: /" line? do you have maemoscrobbler installed/enabled, maybe it's the db file getting too big? check how big it is by running "ls -lh /home/user/.maemoscrobbler.db" in xterm (if it's a few megs and you're running out of space, just do a "rm /home/user/.maemoscrobbler.db" to delete it, it will be recreated next time you play a song.

@faye: could you install mplayer if you haven't, and change the default player to mplayer in the main menu? (the option should be available once you install mplayer) i suspect it's a nokia bug, kagu code is pretty straightforward and organized, and your symptoms don't fit the code at all.